Would the color of the black dust bag transfer onto the light color items?

I’ve worried about this too but have never had any issues with my light colored Chanel’s. Fingers crossed
I actually took the dust bag and rubbed it onto the inside of the heel and it seemed ok so like you said fingers crossed!
My new white ( non Chanel) bag has a navy dust bag so I was rubbing it against the leather too just to be sure.
I really wish light colored items had cream or white dust bags

I actually took the dust bag and rubbed it onto the inside of the heel and it seemed ok so like you said fingers crossed!
My new white ( non Chanel) bag has a navy dust bag so I was rubbing it against the leather too just to be sure.
I really wish light colored items had cream or white dust bags
I’ve used the black dust bag on all my shoes including light colored lambskin and it’s never been an issue for me, I do tend to put them in my carry on and make sure they’re not totally squished but there’s minimal rubbing. I agree though I wish it came with lighter color dust bags, but I suppose they’re trying to be efficient by just using one color for all.

• Insightful
Reactions: A bottle of Red
I’ve used the black dust bag on all my shoes including light colored lambskin and it’s never been an issue for me, I do tend to put them in my carry on and make sure they’re not totally squished but there’s minimal rubbing. I agree though I wish it came with lighter color dust bags, but I suppose they’re trying to be efficient by just using one color for all.
It went into the carry on and ended up sliding under something and a drop of the leather scratched off ;(
Thankfully it will be covered by my foot so it won't show.
No color transfer !

Reactions: jenna
It went into the carry on and ended up sliding under something and a drop of the leather scratched off ;(
Thankfully it will be covered by my foot so it won't show.
No color transfer !
Eek sorry to hear! I try to not pack hard/sharper edge things near my shoes or bags in the carry on but if I do I will make sure to wrap it in a scarf or jacket/sweater to make sure it doesn’t damage the softer leather items. I’ve also used period pads or cotton pad packs to buffer around items lol. But sounds like the damage wasn’t too bad on yours since it can still be covered by your foot. Enjoy your vacation hun!

• Love
Eek sorry to hear! I try to not pack hard/sharper edge things near my shoes or bags in the carry on but if I do I will make sure to wrap it in a scarf or jacket/sweater to make sure it doesn’t damage the softer leather items. I’ve also used period pads or cotton pad packs to buffer around items lol. But sounds like the damage wasn’t too bad on yours since it can still be covered by your foot. Enjoy your vacation hun!
Thank you so much! And those are great ideas for the way home

Reactions: tenshix
Hello. I wanted to ask if you all store your WHITE bags in the black dust bag it comes with? I was told by multiple SA's that to avoid yellowing, store the bag in the dust bag, even though its black. Please share if you have done the same without issues. I worry about humidity levels where I am, even with a dehumidifier running, my closet can get humid in the peak summer months and of course the black bag on white scares me. Thank you!

Last edited:
The black dust bag won’t damage or bleed onto your white bag. However simply putting them in a dark dust bag while in a humid climate won’t really protect them much in the long run. Store them lower to the ground rather than higher and near where the dehumidifier is.

Reactions: Tina1010
Hello. I wanted to ask if you all store your WHITE bags in the black dust bag it comes with? I was told by multiple SA's that to avoid yellowing, store the bag in the dust bag, even though its black. Please share if you have done the same without issues. I worry about humidity levels where I am, even with a humidifier running, my closet can get humid in the peak summer months and of course the black bag on white scares me. Thank you!

I‘d NEVER do this. I used to own a pair of Prada leather white shoes that came with silky blue dust bags. It turned the rim of the shoes blue. Based on this experience, I‘d store any light colored handbags in light colored dust bags.

I’ve stored Chanel white caviar leather bags and lamb skin leather bags with no issues in the bags provided. Having said that if where you’re storing it doesn’t get much sunlight then just use tissue paper or a light colored dust bag for peace of mind.

Reactions: Tina1010
The black dust bag won’t damage or bleed onto your white bag. However simply putting them in a dark dust bag while in a humid climate won’t really protect them much in the long run. Store them lower to the ground rather than higher and near where the dehumidifier is.
Thank you! Yes I actually store my bags in a little cabinet which is inside my closet. I'm mostly concerned about the white one turning yellow. If there's no need for the dust bag since it's inside my cabinet, I prefer not to keep it in it's dustbag. I wasn't sure why they all insisted keeping it in the dust bag from preventing it from yellowing. I suppose to avoid exposure to sunlight, in case it isn't stored inside someone's closet.