Would the color of the black dust bag transfer onto the light color items?

When i bought my white reissue, my SA gave me a NM white sleeper to go with it. She still gave me the black sleeper but said it is better to use white for lighter colored bags than the black chanel sleeper.

I panicked when I saw dark spots on my beige bq, but turned out to be one of those hairy cottons from the dustbag. Agree with Burberry princess, white pillowcase is a good alternative (gives me peace of mind)

Woah! I didn't even think about this......... my ivory lamb is in its black Chanel dust bag and my ivory caviar is just out in the open... Maybe I should put them in pillow cases.......

Thanks for the idea burberryprncess!

i had my white classic chanel lambskin for 15 yrs and had always kept it in the black dustbag that was provided, had no issues till today and my white bag is still as white as the 1st day i brought it home. Actually the black dustbag helps to prevent the light color leather esp. white from turning yellow. I dun understand why but it was my SA who told me. But i guess she was not lying as like i says, my bag is still white till today, not even a speck of discoloration anywhere and i only maintain the leather by nourishing it with mink oil maybe once every 6 mths. I do that for my white shoes and other light color leather bags too.
Hope that helps.

never thought about this issue and got a bit paranoid thinking about the possibility of color transfer from the black dustbag onto my beige clair. lucky there doesn't seem to be an issue after reading through the posts. but i might just add a white pillow case from now on ..