Would the color of the black dust bag transfer onto the light color items?

Jun 4, 2006
Hi all, just out of curiousity, do you think the color of the black dust bag would transfer onto the light color bag? I am asking coz I have this light silver deerskin camera bag from last year and I always wonder whether it is safe to keep the bag in its dust bag......

For those who have white/light color bags, do you think it's safe to put the bag in its dust bag? It should be safe to do so right since the dust bag is made to keep the bag INSIDE??

I personally haven't had a problem. I have a white and a pink Cambon, they are always stored in their dust bags and I have no problems.

I also have a beige caviar bag, that's also kept in it's black dustbag...no problems.

I haven't had any problems with my beige deerskin chanel bag. I 've had it for almost 4 yrs, hardly wear it, and haven't had any color transfer from the dustbag . The only problem I've encountered with this bag is denim transfer ... it came off with leather cleaner (the apple sounding one)

My medium classic flap in white caviar and my white medallion coin tote have been stored in their dustbags for over 2 years and they are as white as the day I purchased them.

Do you ladies who own light coloured patent leather bags store yours in the usual black Chanel dustbag? I wonder if it's safe to do so/ will there will be issues of colour transfer from the black?

I've been storing my blush patent flap in white Balenciaga dustbag just to be safe... but can't help wondering if I'm being too paranoid lol :sweatdrop: :blink:

I have to comment on this because I have given up on light colored patent leather items.

I do not know about the black dust covers from Chanel transferring black on white patent - but just to be on the safe side maybe cover the bag with a white or light cover wrap and then use the black dust cover over it.

It seems every white patent item I have owned (all designer items) have yellowed over time. The items were all purchased in the mid 90's.

I had a couple of Gucci purses with white patent trim and white patent stacked heels from Gucci and they yellowed.

The Gucci items were stored in black dust covers - no transfer from the black. But the material of the Gucci and Chanel dust covers are different, not to mention the dyes used.

Same thing with my Dior that was white patent - it yellowed. It was stored in a white dust cover.

I finally asked my SA at the Beverly Hills' Dior store. He said he thought the yellow was from the glue that is used - it turns over time and yellows the item - I think it was UV light exposure when the item was being used.

All I know is never again - but good luck to you!

hi all :smile:

Do you use your black chanel dust bag for light color bags ?

like biege , white or light orange ?

because im afraid that it will transfer color to the bag :P

i just bought a new chanel bag and im worried about the black dust bag ..

thank you

For patent mine come wrappd in white tissu paper first so even Chanel thinks issue and I keep that way... I suppose light colors coould be issue to but I just have in black dustbags. Can't hurt to do tissue paper first tho!