Would like thoughts on classic flap vs 2.55 bag

015.jpg This is my 2.55 reissue in the 225 size . It is a little smaller than the m/l classic so the 226 might be better for you. I love the wrinkly softness of it. my interior is burgundy leather. I have a red lamb jumbo but it is a little big and boxy on me so the reissue is perfect! I'm not a fan of caviar so distressed calf is good for me
Oh wow yours is gorgeous too!! I have to see this bag in person at the store. I am definitely leaning towards the 226 as I can fit more in there than the medium size.

Sent from my SM-G930V using PurseForum mobile app

I'm a reissue nut so I'm biased lol. I vote for the reissue, in the color that you love and will use more. I have the classic/regular black with gold hw and also the red with brassy gold hw that you tried on, but in the 226. The 2.55's are my fave Chanel bags and I love the distressed/aged calfskin. They're lighter than the classics and can be worn crossbody. Good luck and have fun deciding!

p.s. There are variations in leather, i.e. how wrinkly it is, how puffy the quilts are, how soft to the touch, etc. Go with the one that makes your heart sing. :heart:

Last edited:
I'm a reissue nut so I'm biased lol. I vote for the reissue, in the color that you love and will use more. I have the classic/regular black with gold hw and also the red with brassy gold hw that you tried on, but in the 226. The 2.55's are my fave Chanel bags and I love the distressed/aged calfskin. They're lighter than the classics and can be worn crossbody. Good luck and have fun deciding!

p.s. There are variations in leather, i.e. how wrinkly it is, how puffy the quilts are, how soft to the touch, etc. Go with the one that makes your heart sing. [emoji813]
Oh I love your reissues!! I have to search for a really nice 226 in black and find one that isn't too wrinkly as I love the look. It looks so vintage.

Thanks again everyone. I really loved the red too as it was a nice dark red. I also love the black. I will prob lean towards black since I can't splurge too often and need a color I can wear all the time.

Thanks again everyone. I really loved the red too as it was a nice dark red. I also love the black. I will prob lean towards black since I can't splurge too often and need a color I can wear all the time.

I have the distressed calf black with burgundy lining in the 225 size. It's one of my favorite and know that it will be one of my "forever" bags (e.g., if anything catastrophic happens to it down the road, it WILL be replaced with no doubt!). It provides a soft luxurious feel to it (not like lambskin but still very nice feel to it), an elegant vintage look but somehow still "cool and edgy" with the right casual outfit. How many bags go equally well with an evening gown and a pair of ripped jeans?!?!

I also like the understated look which makes it so very versatile. it also folds completely flat for travel, if you ever need to (ask an SA to show you in the store, I thought it was so cool :P )

If you don't think you'll splurge often and want a timeless Chanel, I think it's a much better bet to get the ultimate classic black with aged gold hardware with burgundy lining - it SPELLS Chanel :lol:

Personally the seasonal stitching doesn't call out to me as the larger holes in the stitching feels rouge/unfinished/less polished to me.

A pic from last summer of my bag with tank top and jean shorts - I cannot think of anything that doesn't go with this bag!

Attachments

• 20150804_163914_resized (2).jpg
    20150804_163914_resized (2).jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 314
I have the black reissue. It's so understated. I love that I know that it's Chanel, but that only other people who are into bags also know. It's like a little secret.

I have the distressed calf black with burgundy lining in the 225 size. It's one of my favorite and know that it will be one of my "forever" bags (e.g., if anything catastrophic happens to it down the road, it WILL be replaced with no doubt!). It provides a soft luxurious feel to it (not like lambskin but still very nice feel to it), an elegant vintage look but somehow still "cool and edgy" with the right casual outfit. How many bags go equally well with an evening gown and a pair of ripped jeans?!?!

I also like the understated look which makes it so very versatile. it also folds completely flat for travel, if you ever need to (ask an SA to show you in the store, I thought it was so cool :P )

If you don't think you'll splurge often and want a timeless Chanel, I think it's a much better bet to get the ultimate classic black with aged gold hardware with burgundy lining - it SPELLS Chanel :lol:

Personally the seasonal stitching doesn't call out to me as the larger holes in the stitching feels rouge/unfinished/less polished to me.

A pic from last summer of my bag with tank top and jean shorts - I cannot think of anything that doesn't go with this bag!

Agree perfect bag, perfect size!

I also like the understated look which makes it so very versatile. it also folds completely flat for travel, if you ever need to (ask an SA to show you in the store, I thought it was so cool [emoji14] )

If you don't think you'll splurge often and want a timeless Chanel, I think it's a much better bet to get the ultimate classic black with aged gold hardware with burgundy lining - it SPELLS Chanel [emoji23]

Oh wow. Yours is just gorgeous! I think you have all convinced me to go with the distressed leather. I am saving for it now and when ready, will find the perfect black one for me [emoji1]