would it be stupid of me?

it sounds beautiful...with that, I'd sell it to someone who will love it and be able to use it. I'm not one for keeping things that I don't use or am afraid to use. Why waste beauty????? Get something else that you will love but be able to use.

that is true. there are people out there that don't have tight you know whats like me......and can really enjoy the beautiful bag it is.

cry. and it came from the mothership in Paris....and oh the experience. it was amazing

I understand your feelings completely. If keeping means keeping it in the closet, then perhaps you should try to sell it. I call what you are going through, "the shock of using something new." If you can get past that, then you can begin to enjoy it. That may mean a spot or two on the bag. If you absolutely can't live with that, then sell, sell, sell.

I'm torn. First, I guess it depends on if you think you might want it later. I have to admit, I've never sold a bag. I've given plenty to my sister, daughter and friends. But, having said that...if you are thinking about it, have you already told yourself that you should sell it, and purchase something you will use? I hate having things in my closet that never see the light of day. Would you use the money to fund another purchase that you would use more often? I think a problem may be that you won't get that much for it. A reseller/consignment will take a big chunk...unless you are already an established reseller on ebay.

for the price of these bags I really do want to use them and use them alot.

just my head is swirling. I know what I should do...it answers my question.

I didnt buy it to collect...I bought it because I loved it, its amazing, the leather is awesome and to USE......

I have a Box Birkin I think is so beautiful I hated to use it. I kept it for several years, carrying it very carefully. Now that it's several years old, I use it. I'm glad I kept it and didn't sell it. Just another point of view!

This is just my tuppence worth... I always do the cost per wear thing. If I were in your situation, I would either start using it more, and getting my money's worth, or I'd sell it and put the funds towards something I will actually use. If it's just lying in your wardrobe, then you're wasting your money. These bags are designed to last, so even if you do use it, chances are, it will still be in a good enough condition to pass on to your daughters. Best of luck with your decision!

so would it be stupid of me....

I bought a 36cm HAC in Paris...vache natural leather....(untreated saddle leather).....

I love it so. I probably have only carried it about a good 5 times...mostly only to shop at the Hermes store.

I love it...but I am just not ballsy enough to carry it. Its just the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. but I am scared of it.

I love it but don't use it.

am I stupid to want to sell it? because I know if I do...its not something you can just find anymore...

I am confused! help!
:graucho: You can sell it to me!!! That's my dream bag you got there:drool:!!!!!! I might have your dream bag sitting here too you know! Pm PLEASEEEEE!!!

Guccigal I feel your pain...If I were you I would do one of two things: use it and show it who is boss, or let it go and use the money toward something easier.
By using it I don't mean as easily as you use your other bags. Not every bag has to be a workhorse. But I would make a point of getting it out more, carrying it on every possible occasion. Maybe even seven days in a row, planning outfits that would work with it. Eventually you would feel in your gut whether this is worth it to you.

Guccigal I feel your pain...If I were you I would do one of two things: use it and show it who is boss, or let it go and use the money toward something easier.
By using it I don't mean as easily as you use your other bags. Not every bag has to be a workhorse. But I would make a point of getting it out more, carrying it on every possible occasion. Maybe even seven days in a row, planning outfits that would work with it. Eventually you would feel in your gut whether this is worth it to you.

7 days in a ROW? do you want me to fall over from a panic attack :smile:

that is true. there are people out there that don't have tight you know whats like me......and can really enjoy the beautiful bag it is.

cry. and it came from the mothership in Paris....and oh the experience. it was amazing

you will always have the experience....even if you pass the bag along to another home...that will always be yours...KWIM...

Sell it. You don't carry it, let someone else enjoy it.
You have such distinct bags. Sell this one to buy another distinct one that you will use more often.