WORTH the Money -- spinoff from Don't Waste Your Money Thread

MAC e/s in Carbon, Vellum, Plumage, Humid, Deep Truth... and many more
MAC Pigment in Vanilla, Old Gold & Violet, their pigments are so versatile and last forever
Giorgio Armani e/s #11, I didn't like brown on my eyes before that color, but I use that stuff so often now
MAC Lustreglass in Luminary, pale pink with the most gorgeous/complex shimmer, nice scent and not as sticky as lipglass

Anyone who has never tried Chanel Ultra Wear Lip Color (Also called Rouge Double Intensite) must RUN, not walk to their nearest Chanel counter!!

One tube costs $30 and is the ONLY lip color I have ever found that actually stays put for hours and hours! It doesn't get cakey or nasty either. I am seriously in LOVE with this stuff. It's pretty much the only stuff I wear on my lips now. I can apply it once in the morning and not have to worry about reapplying every hour. You can eat with it on, and when you're finished, it's still there!

Again, agreed, I tube of Strivectin will last forever but I saw a story not long ago where they tested numerous facial products and Strivectin was one of them and found that the skin care system that actually worked the best was Oil of Olay! Believe it or not! So, I have switched and am happy with the results.

If you do choose to stay with Strivectin avoid purchasing the eye crem as the only difference is that it is fragrance free so you can use your face cream for an eye cream as well. They do this because the skin around the eyes is the thinnest on the body and if any problems will occur, it's generally that people have a reaction to the fragrance in the facial product. (I have spent 10 years doing education in the beauty industry and personally know the manufacturers for almost every line on the market!)

I used Oil of Olay for years, then I started breaking out from it. I switched to Clinique 3 step...although I use mostly just 2. The facial wash and the moisturizer. Also use the eye cream. My mom still uses Oil of Olay...works great for her.

shu uemura mineral oil cleanser (~$70 for 450ml) - i have gotten significantly less zits since using this plus it acts as a makeup remover as well!

shu uemura eye lash curler ($18) - curls every lash perfectly!

diorShow mascara ($23) - doesnt clump or smudge, makes my lashes super lush!

more from my "best of" list:

T. LeClerc Loose Powder in Banane

Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder #3

Giorgio Armani Sheer Powder Blush #2 (you can never overdose it, natural pinkish glow)

NARS Blush in Sin (berry with gold shimmer, fantastic for warm skin tones)

Giorgio Armani Mania Lipstick #1 (pink satin lippie with medium coverage, fantastic texture, no smell and taste, if I wanna dress my lips fast this is the one to go)

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Petticoat (the most gorgeous Blush Highlighter, it literally glows on your cheeks, limited edition though)

MAC Eyebrow Pencil (automatic, never have to resharpen, really lasts, even when sweating or swimming)

OPI Start to finish (base and top coat in one, very shiny and less chipping)

Cyber Color Glitter Eyeliner in Gold (japanese brand, fine gold glitter with holographic glitter in between, simply gorgeous)

Lancôme Color Design Eyeshadow in Sentimental Blue (irisdescent pale turquoise, apply over dark e/s and get the most amazing peacock feather effect on your eyes)

Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hours Cream: great for frequent travellers that need to fit as much as possible in a stupidly small plastic bag :cursing: , I use it in face, lips and even hands if they are very dry.

Kiehl's Creme de Corps ($24 or so). Pricey for a body lotion, but I love how it barely has a scent and is so thick and rich. A regular sized bottle usually lasts me a while.

Bumble & Bumble thickening spray ($22). A great pre-blowdry spray that adds lots of volume and texture.

Aveda Damage Remedy shampoo ($24), conditioner ($24) and intensive restructuring treatment ($26). Completely repaired my hair when it was pretty much falling out from coloring it and damaging it to death. Haven't stopped using it, total lifesaver :nuts:

The concept behind Kiss Me Mascara is that it makes tubes around your lashes. When you remove them (quite easily with warm water) they come off like little pieces of rubber and don't smudge, run or drip in any way. As I have mentioned in many other threads I am in the beauty industry and have used this since it first came out. I love it for the days that I am going swimming or on Saturday when I am going to go home from the salon, shower and go out that evening. Because there is no need to use a makeup remover with it (ie baby oil) you can reapply your makeup for the evening out without fear of it becoming runny and so forth. You know that oily, blurry eyed feeling you get after removing your mascara and then trying to re-apply.....none of that. However, as a daily mascara it didn't do enough lenghtening or thickening for my tastes but definitly has it's place in my session bag!

I just discovered the KM mascara and I will neveer be without...it's really amazing - I also use the Shu Uemura:heart: eyelash curler - the perfect pair

Chanel Inimitable Mascara - $25, makes my eyelashes HUGE and doesn't flake or smudge too badly
Giorgio Armani luminous silk liquid foundation - $55, makes my skin look like perfection and NO ONE believes i'm wearing makeup when i have it on
MAC lipglass - never leave home without it, tons of great shades, super glossy and stays on well.
MAC eyeshadow - super thick pigments mean that you only use a tiny, tiny bit each time, so it lasts a long time.

I really like Bobbi Brown for foundation (it really matches pale skins well.) Nars for blush, and MAC fluidlines for eyeliners.
I'd like to give a shout-out to tazorac (a prescriptive retinoid) which I swear has improved my complexion 100% and L'Oreal sunscreens with mexoryl.