worth it to pay more for a hairdryer?

Do you always use the diffuser or do you also try to straighten your hair with the hairdryer? I'm using a parlux today but wondering if a dyson is an upgrade?
I never use the diffuser to be honest.
I straighten my hair by blowing it over a big brush or I use a styling iron afterwards for defining my waves.
It depends on the hair structure I think - here you can see mine.

14682038_1393414247337177_2335099580820616305ggg_o.jpg

219454_215957601749520_4542137_o.jpg

Thank you, your hair looks really thick and beautiful. It must take a lot of time to blow dry it.

Thank you :smile:
It took me 35 min to 40 min with a conventional dryer. The dyson does it in 10min (if I don't try weird stuff with 17 brushes on my head like a coifeur would do :biggrin:) and this is why I love this absolutely overpriced gimmick.
It has so much more air steaming through - you need to take care you don't blow things from shelves in the bathroom.
I remember I was seraching for a stronger dryer in the 90s/2000 from time to time. All they offered me then was higher temperatures and I was told with the usual dryer construction it is technically impossible to get more air stream.

Reactions: pmburk
Thank you :smile:
It took me 35 min to 40 min with a conventional dryer. The dyson does it in 10min (if I don't try weird stuff with 17 brushes on my head like a coifeur would do :biggrin:) and this is why I love this absolutely overpriced gimmick.
It has so much more air steaming through - you need to take care you don't blow things from shelves in the bathroom.
I remember I was seraching for a stronger dryer in the 90s/2000 from time to time. All they offered me then was higher temperatures and I was told with the usual dryer construction it is technically impossible to get more air stream.

Similar situation, my hair is very thick and takes quite a while to dry. The Dyson definitely cuts my time down.

Reactions: Sferics