Workplace Work Vent aka Complain About Your Job!

It absolutely is harrassment if it continues/repeats. You don't have to be a "target" for it to be a hostile work environment.

However I hope it was just a one time thing!

Nah it's not everyday but it happens from time to time.

Usually it goes over my head but sometimes it's so out there that I'm like did she really say that. It's so weird that it's the females not the males that are like this..

I love writing about music but I just find it so damn hard. I have a deadline of tomorrow afternoon and I just want to get it done already. I know what I want to say but it just isn't coming out, I also think that my Editor thinks that I write too little and it just worries me what he thinks of my work.

I am a SAHM of an 8.5 year old and an almost 7 year old. Both of my girls are very challenging. The 8.5 year old is turning into a major drama queen always whining about something. She has a nice life. I don't spoil her rotten with stuff but she gets a lot of love. My younger one is very energetic, smart and strong willed. I feel like we butt heads all day long. Today it was the drama queen's turn. She goes to camp in the summer so I can get her outside to get some exercise. She wants to read all day long and she is starting to complain about having to get up and go to camp. This all after a night of both girls waking me up because of storms and bad dreams so I am tired.

The public relations firm I work for has been low on clients for the past 2 months. In our little branch of the company we usually have 5 or 6 clients. We now have 2! Yesterday my boss says my coworker and I have 3 weeks to "prove ourselves" because they are making cuts.

Why wouldn't they automatically let my coworker go? He has been with us for 4 months (I've been there a year and a half), and he has never taken any college courses and his writing is atrocious. I'm assuming they'd rather keep him because the kid makes about 10K less per year than I do.

I'm still fuming. I've been looking for other jobs for a while but haven't had much luck, maybe it's time to start looking outside my field.

FairySprite said:
Yesterday my boss says my coworker and I have 3 weeks to "prove ourselves" because they are making cuts.

Why wouldn't they automatically let my coworker go?

Maybe because they want to base it on merit, rather than other factors? Boss may need to cover his/her butt and make sure it's perceived as a fair decision in order to avoid litigation.

Sorry to hear you're in this sitch. I hope it works out.

I honestly think it's because they're cheap. They provided very little training to this boy, and he doesn't have the skills needed for this job. This is his first "real" job by the way (he's 21 and worked at Starbucks for 3 years before this). They have hired less qualified workers for the Los Angeles office and paid them thousands less than industry standard. I was really hoping my branch would avoid that but I guess we're not immune to the economy.

My boss is not the brightest bulb. How do morons get into management?

My boss is fairly bright so no complaints there, however the main account executive of my largest client is very, very stupid. I think he has this position, because he is the only one left of the original team. All the other, brighter people left for better things. I am just lucky he and I don't really have to talk to one another, since there has been friction between the two of us in the past.

ZombieCandi said:
it's always who you know. nowadays a lot of jobs go to people who know other people regardless of whether or not they're qualified.

Agreed! The customer service manager here used to work somewhere else with our COO. Yeah, he has a management degree, but he's an idiot with zero experience.

I work at a restaurant. Some idiot put a guy who only knows how to use the register to close the place (an hour by himself at the register and the cleaning). I was with a girl doing the dishes. (usually should be 3 people). I had to eventually do his job and mine. It's always the same story: the managers put people who don't know stuff to do jobs. We should have someone extra to show them once how to do the things like cleaning the coffee machines (and simple things like where to find beverages, no one had showed him that.. I wish i had time but i was working elsewhere) so then they can do it by themselves. So 2½ people did the work of 4 and once again i worked overtime, in the past 2 months i've left on time only twice.

This isn't about my job, more about my job search.

I had an interview yesterday and I hope that I will get the job. I was just talking to a friend and she was asking me about it. I told her that I would know in about 2 weeks since they are still interviewing other candidates (I believe I was the first they interviewed).

She goes on to tell me that that's the basic "Don't call us, we'll call you" excuse and that I won't get the job. :wtf: What is she thinking? Even if it is that way, you don't say something like that to someone who is hoping hard for a good job. And what the hell does she know anyway, she hasn#t worked a day in her life!