Words of wisdom required for capsule Hermes collection

And the lindy kind of hurts to give away...after all, it's not a cheap bag...but if you have a DS who will appreciate it why not??!!! UGH. I hate to think of the money spent on bag mistakes...:shame:

My dear, you do not have to give pieces away if you don't want to. In no way am I affiliated with these folks, but I have sent many pieces to Ann's Fabulous Finds and really have a high regard for them. Give it a thought if your generosity is tiring. :smile:

Thank you for starting this thread and sharing your current status. I am very obsessed with this thread and others that speak of capsule collections.

I think part of my problem was that I was always looking for the perfect bag and those needs were different at various times. But the funny thing (not in a ha ha way) was something my SA said to me the other day. I was looking at a bag (I can't even remember which one right now) and she said she feels like Hermes purposely doesn't want to make the perfect bag because then people may not be interested in other styles. This is just her personal opinion but thought an interesting observation. And so
I know what you mean! I doubt any of us bag obsessed members would settle for just the one bag. Most people would need at least 2 different sized bags to cover all occasions. I focus on keeping my collection down to what I actually use and need. Enough variety to stop me getting bored, and covering all colour options and types of events. This would be different for all of us, and is dependent on lifestyle. I don't own a clutch as very rarely go to anything that dressy. My Kelly 32 covers most evening events. I have a Kelly wallet I use for black tie events, or I borrow my mothers Chanel classic 2.55 in medium size. I sold mine, as not big enough for day use for me. I don't miss it at all. I have bought and sold several black bags, as they are not me, but for others black is a must.

As for perfect bag? If I could only have one bag, it would be my Kelly etain 32 phw, plus Kelly wallet blue de prusse ghw, that could double up as a clutch. (is that cheating?). If I didn't need to carry a MacBook that would do fine!! If the limit was 2 I would add my gold Birkin ghw. not my favourite, but most versatile colour.

I don't have the lifestyle to justify huge numbers of bags, and would stop using some if I added too many more. I prefer to have less, but love and use all my bags (and clothes and shoes!).

I'm afraid to say it out loud. Ha ha. But maybe this is good therapy and will help think through what is best. Collecting has been fun and I love them all but I shouldn't own so many. Hearing Rami and MYH being satisfied with a limited amount is inspiring. Here's a general list of what I have. Am also a little nervous to list it all publicly and not being able to go back and edit what I wrote. So pardon me for not providing all details.

B35 black and Gris T
B30 anemone, blue jean and blue Izmir
Constance elan, blue sapphire and vert emerald
Constance 24 black
Roulis
Evelyn
Bolide 35
Bolide relax
Bolide 31
Lindy 30, three of them one which is exotic
BBK 32
K25 rouge casaque
Shoulder Kelly
JPG II
Pliplat
Kelly pochette
Victoria II
Garden party 36 - couple of them
Smaller garden parties in a couple of different varieties
DS 45 graphite/electric blue
Trim
Toolbox 26

I got rid of an Evelyn, B35 and Jyosiere so far. Am done buying exotic and have enough for the rest of my life. Was thinking of letting my Victoria, DS, JPG II and Shoulder Kelly go. Am not willing to let my Lindy or Bolides go even though I have multiples because they have been so useful. Truly love the colors and sizes. And I know I have multiple styles serving the same purpose. I love totes so I have a variety of Goyard totes, a few Chanel pieces and a few LV pieces. Clearly I love handbags but just too many I think and when I see others happy and satisfied to stay under 15 pieces or less makes me think why do I have so many. Ack! This is hard and I'm not good at it.

Wow, what a collection. Thank you for sharing. It is fun to look and listen to others but we all know, that the owner is the one who uses the bags, loves the .

My SA always says to me, "everyone needs a Kelly in her life" and I have bought too many kellys only to use once or never, and then sell. I get caught up in the moment, think I really do need one, she comes homes and sits. So, I can listen all I want but I must not stray from my life. I love an Evy. If I am going to use a shoulder bag, an Evy is the girl. Not a kelly. It has taken me many kellies and a few Evys to figure this out.

So my friend, same for you. Take it slow. Also, I just recently sold many bags to get a grail bag and the question that guided me was this: Would I rather have this or those? I set them out on my dining room table. Thought for 3 days and decided. Maybe if you set the three bolides out and studied them and your life, you could edit one? Then move on....One bag style at a time???

Hope you don't mind the ramblings....as I too am in this mode with a much smaller collection.

Love this thread.

Here is my capsule collection and I'm extremely content with it. I may add a mini Constance down the road.

Closet full of bags will probably give me anxiety so staying under 10 bags at all times is my motto.

-B30 RC epsom with PHW

-B30 Noir togo with PHW

-K32 Gris T with PHW retourne

-Jige Elan Argile swift

This is very smart!! Even though that's not many bags, you have your bases covered. You have your black, your neutral, your bold. I need to do the same!

This is my bag collection, as you can see I have 3 Hermes bags. I still want to add the following bags to complete my collection.

- Birkin Etoupe 30 or 35
- Birkin in Fauve Barenia 35
- Evelyne GM Gold
- Kelly Black Box 32
- Kelly Pochette Gold / Black or Blue
- Picotin 22 not sure about color yet.

The Etoupe Birkin, Kelly Pochette and Picotin are "priorities", the Barenia Birkin, Box Kelly and Gold Evelyne aren't as I already have a Kelly and Evelyne and with my current collection + Etoupe Birkin, Kelly Pochette and Picotin I would have a good collection of bags I can rotate.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1463769407.984879.jpg

I currently have 5 bags, not counting the ones that are already on the chopping block for sale.

Lindy 30 Verso Indigo/Poppy Orange
Double Sens BE/Graphite
Chanel 2.55 Anniversary Gray 226 with rhw
Chanel 2.55 Black WOC with ghw
Marc Jacobs Little Stam in Milk

I have a Kelly 25 on SO and am also hoping to add a Kelly 28 to my collection. Right now, I'm pondering if I should let go of the DS as I'm thinking of replacing it with a lighter tote. Yes, I find the double Clemence a tad heavy after carrying it for a short while.

Bags that I've pondered upon to add to my collection:

Vespa PM for cross-body messenger style
Jet Pochette or maybe Kelly Pochette?
Bolide 27 for under the radar day bag where a Kelly or Lindy is "too noticeable"

Only shoulder bags for me and weight is of utmost importance! Would love to add rouge casaque, bamboo and BE should I decide to part with DS.

My dear, you do not have to give pieces away if you don't want to. In no way am I affiliated with these folks, but I have sent many pieces to Ann's Fabulous Finds and really have a high regard for them. Give it a thought if your generosity is tiring. :smile:
I was cleaning put my closet this weekend for spring cleaning and gave away some more bags...it made the recipients do happy and the thought of losing money selling bags makes me more prone to giving them to people who will appreciate it. But i did check out anns fabulous finds website and there are nice selection of lindys for such good prices!!! Now purchasing through resellers has become an option if i wanted to add a lindy in the future!!
I would never give away a b/k...those bags i know i could recover a good portion of the money.

May I shake up things a little bit and maybe start out with leathers?

Whenever things are slippery and down the slope, the next best thing to decide is through leathers. I am more fascinated by leathers first then colors. It's easier to decide because it helps to weed out the colors unavailable in the preferred leather.

Handbag1234, you have listed out the color family of your basic needs.

To simplify things further, you need and want a Black Boxcalf Kelly. That, has become a must-have. Bingo.

Among all the colors, you specifically listed out Vert Anis and Etoupe. VA had been rested for a while. While I can't confirm its current status, you might want to further enquire with your SA. Etoupe is not close to Cafe, so don't worry. All that's left is to decide Etoupe in which leather and style.

Finally, blue & red. You're still indecisive for these 2 because within the family, there're many variations of shades. For you to mention purple, all the more it means deep inside, you would like to have something in purple in the form of B/K. How to decide? Start with the leathers then find out the colors available. Bingo.:smile:
completely agree with starting with leathers. at first i obsessed about colors first and now i'm finding myself to coordinate a color with the leather i prefer first :smile:

Thank you dear for your input and advisor I will look into it more

I definitely think lindy is quite expensive to have them just sit in their orange boxes

Sent from my SM-G9350 using PurseForum mobile app

I understand what you mean about changes. I remember when I carried totes. All the things I carried in them are no longer relevant. Don't need feminine protection any more. Don't need pagers or giant cell phones. Don't need snacks or drinks to get me through 18 hour days. Don't need large appointment book. All I really need now is enough room for wallet and keys.

Here is a thought for you to help you with the culling process. Give yourself a year before you have to get rid of anything. That takes the pressure off. In that year, every time you carry a bag, put it at the head of the line. Over time, the line will be grouped into workhorse bags at the head of the line, useful but less frequently grouped in the middle, and never used at the end. Seeing a group of bags unused for a year will help you let go of some and make it easier to keep what you use, since that is the goal. Not saying it has to be a year, but long enough for the pattern to emerge.

FYI--Most times that I have culled things, furniture, clothes, whatever, I forget I ever owned the item.
C

Thank you for your advise. I think I may have to do some variation of that since I don't have two-thirds of my collection staying with me

Or maybe I should start when I have my bags living with me again

Sent from my SM-G9350 using PurseForum mobile app

Have a limited but varied B/K Family and have an SO in for one more. Love them all. :love:

BK%20Family%201_zpsoxnow3bg.jpeg