WOC as a wallet

Monnnica

Jan 19, 2020
Does anyone use their WOC as a large wallet in totes with the chain tucked in? Alternatively, does anyone carry a WOC + a second bag when they need to haul more stuff? I want to pick up my first Chanel. Thinking of a Trendy WOC but want to make sure I’ll use it enough.

I also use mine a lot when traveling as a small hands free bag that can be nested. If the capacity is large enough for you (phone, keys, sunglasses and maybe 1 lip product are the max for me) then I would say you will get a lot of use out of it. But if you tend to carry more than that, or if you have bulky keys or a bulky phone case, I'd consider something else.

Reactions: OCMomof3
I also use mine a lot when traveling as a small hands free bag that can be nested. If the capacity is large enough for you (phone, keys, sunglasses and maybe 1 lip product are the max for me) then I would say you will get a lot of use out of it. But if you tend to carry more than that, or if you have bulky keys or a bulky phone case, I'd consider something else.
I’m super light as a traveler so this is helpful.

Does anyone use their WOC as a large wallet in totes with the chain tucked in? Alternatively, does anyone carry a WOC + a second bag when they need to haul more stuff? I want to pick up my first Chanel. Thinking of a Trendy WOC but want to make sure I’ll use it enough.
I use mine on its own on light-carry days. Since it's a Dark Pink color, it works really well as an accessory too. Or if needed, I always carry a second bag when I need to haul more stuff.

But I don't use it inside a bag. And lambskin would certainly be scratched up pretty badly inside a large tote with other items. Plus WOC is too expensive as a catch all inside a large tote. I'd use Louis Vuitton pouches for that purpose.

Anyway, which style/ color are you considering? Do check it out at your local store and put all your essentials in, to see how things fit. :smile:

Reactions: lolasparks
Yes! Whenever I travel for work, I love to use a WOC (either my Chanel or YSL) inside of my larger tote bag as a wallet; when I get to my destination and need to go out to a business dinner or go out and need to be hands free, I’ll use it on its own as a clutch or a crossbody. I’d highly recommend going with a caviar version vs lambskin, especially is you’re going to put it in a larger tote with other items (as the lambskin would likely get scratched up). HUGE fan of WOCs (I have 4 :tup:), as they’re great if you don’t carry a lot.

I use mine on its own on light-carry days. Since it's a Dark Pink color, it works really well as an accessory too. Or if needed, I always carry a second bag when I need to haul more stuff.

But I don't use it inside a bag. And lambskin would certainly be scratched up pretty badly inside a large tote with other items. Plus WOC is too expensive as a catch all inside a large tote. I'd use Louis Vuitton pouches for that purpose.

Anyway, which style/ color are you considering? Do check it out at your local store and put all your essentials in, to see how things fit. :smile:
I am looking at a burgundy Trendy. It’s only in lambskin.

My husband and I are doing IVF soon after TTC struggles. I don’t want to buy this bag and then never carry it after the baby.

Maybe a second bag makes sense. Like if we are going to brunch I could wear this and also carry a backpack with baby supplies.

648F1FBE-D4C3-41ED-8281-87C25D3439C8.jpeg

Reactions: Emily111
Yes! Whenever I travel for work, I love to use a WOC (either my Chanel or YSL) inside of my larger tote bag as a wallet; when I get to my destination and need to go out to a business dinner or go out and need to be hands free, I’ll use it on its own as a clutch or a crossbody. I’d highly recommend going with a caviar version vs lambskin, especially is you’re going to put it in a larger tote with other items (as the lambskin would likely get scratched up). HUGE fan of WOCs (I have 4 :tup:), as they’re great if you don’t carry a lot.
Do you feel self conscious carrying Chanel at work?

Do you feel self conscious carrying Chanel at work?
In a WOC - no. Because the CC is somewhat small, it’s less in your face and noticeable (I’ve only ever been called out once that I was carrying Chanel, but that was by a handbag lover and it was more in an admiring sort of way…no one else has ever said anything). With some of my other Chanel styles - yes, I’d feel self conscious to a certain extent.

Reactions: OCMomof3
I am looking at a burgundy Trendy. It’s only in lambskin.

My husband and I are doing IVF soon after TTC struggles. I don’t want to buy this bag and then never carry it after the baby.

Maybe a second bag makes sense. Like if we are going to brunch I could wear this and also carry a backpack with baby supplies.

View attachment 5777333
Hello, I am a mom of a baby and a toddler, I use the WOC as a daily bag for my essentials, and the children’s things in a backpack. The way the WOC lays flat against my body makes it super easy to wear since I have to carry my kids every now and then, it seldom gets in the way. If you are only going to own one Chanel, I think caviar will be a better choice because things can get messy with younger kids, spills, dirty hands…etc. Hope this helps.