WOC as a wallet

I am looking at a burgundy Trendy. It’s only in lambskin.

My husband and I are doing IVF soon after TTC struggles. I don’t want to buy this bag and then never carry it after the baby.

Maybe a second bag makes sense. Like if we are going to brunch I could wear this and also carry a backpack with baby supplies.

View attachment 5777333
My WOC is my most used Chanel when I am out with my young child. I’ve been using mine since my kid was 3. I use it more than any of my other Chanels (minis, Mediums, Maxi).

Reactions: OCMomof3
Does anyone use their WOC as a large wallet in totes with the chain tucked in? Alternatively, does anyone carry a WOC + a second bag when they need to haul more stuff? I want to pick up my first Chanel. Thinking of a Trendy WOC but want to make sure I’ll use it enough.
I only use mine as a hands free bag. I don’t use it as a wallet within a larger bag.

Reactions: amy653
When I had newborns/toddlers, I placed my wallet, phone and makeup kit in a separate pocket of the diaper bag or on the pocket of the stroller, I couldn't be bothered with carrying an additional bag of my own, lol!!
But if you think you'll want something if your own, a WOC is a great idea. It sits flat against your body and is so easy and carefree to carry. You can easily fit your essentials and anything bulkier can go into the diaper bag/stroller which you'll probably always have around. Also with kids, depending on how you travel, your needs will be different. We get around in a car so a WOC is sufficient for me. But otherwise a WOC will not be enough, and I don't see the need to put a WOC in a bigger bag, I'd rather just have a normal wallet.

I am looking at a burgundy Trendy. It’s only in lambskin.

My husband and I are doing IVF soon after TTC struggles. I don’t want to buy this bag and then never carry it after the baby.

Maybe a second bag makes sense. Like if we are going to brunch I could wear this and also carry a backpack with baby supplies.

View attachment 5777333
Well with newborns and toddlers I recommend the classic style or any seasonal style (no gold plate) in a dark colored caviar (burgundy will do/ or navy if you don't want black). Your hands will constantly be dirty and need cleaning, so I wouldn't go for trendy nor lambskin.

Come to think of it, do you need this WOC at this moment? IVF is a huge undertaking both mentally and physically, and financially. Why not wait until later, then decide. :smile:
Good luck to you on your journey.

Last edited:
Well with newborns and toddlers I recommend the classic style or any seasonal style (no gold plate) in a dark colored caviar (burgundy will do/ or navy if you don't want black). Your hands will constantly be dirty and need cleaning, so I wouldn't go for trendy nor lambskin.

Come to think of it, do you need this WOC at this moment? IVF is a huge undertaking both mentally and physically, and financially. Why not wait until later, then decide. :smile:
Good luck to you on your journey.
Thanks Latte. We are so lucky to have IVF covered by our insurance. It’s been a multi year journey with multiple miscarriages etc and I am feeling the physical undertaking of IVF can’t be harder than that!

I feel like logically a classic caviar makes more sense but my heart wants the turnlock, grommets etc. I like that it is easier to double up the chain as I’d primarily wear it as a shoulder bag. I thought about pearl crush and variants but they also seem to only be in lambskin - and I like them less.

Reactions: Grande Latte
When I had newborns/toddlers, I placed my wallet, phone and makeup kit in a separate pocket of the diaper bag or on the pocket of the stroller, I couldn't be bothered with carrying an additional bag of my own, lol!!
But if you think you'll want something if your own, a WOC is a great idea. It sits flat against your body and is so easy and carefree to carry. You can easily fit your essentials and anything bulkier can go into the diaper bag/stroller which you'll probably always have around. Also with kids, depending on how you travel, your needs will be different. We get around in a car so a WOC is sufficient for me. But otherwise a WOC will not be enough, and I don't see the need to put a WOC in a bigger bag, I'd rather just have a normal wallet.
This is very helpful!

Thanks Latte. We are so lucky to have IVF covered by our insurance. It’s been a multi year journey with multiple miscarriages etc and I am feeling the physical undertaking of IVF can’t be harder than that!

I feel like logically a classic caviar makes more sense but my heart wants the turnlock, grommets etc. I like that it is easier to double up the chain as I’d primarily wear it as a shoulder bag. I thought about pearl crush and variants but they also seem to only be in lambskin - and I like them less.
You're right, in bag purchases, always go with your first choice. Otherwise you'll end up buying more and more. If turnlock, grommets and lambskin is what you want, go for it. It will make you happy every time you take it out. Buy it and have fun with it.

Best wishes to you. :smile::smile::smile:

You're right, in bag purchases, always go with your first choice. Otherwise you'll end up buying more and more. If turnlock, grommets and lambskin is what you want, go for it. It will make you happy every time you take it out. Buy it and have fun with it.

Best wishes to you. :smile::smile::smile:
I second this, I have been buying bags that I do not love just because the bag I wanted is not available yet, ended up never really using those bags.

Reactions: OCMomof3