With Hermes, Never say never....

When I first started out, I absolutely despised the Evelyne. Love it now and own both sizes.

I did not like the Constance either. I feel like I like my single flap Chanel bags better....but the Constance is slowly growing on me.
Although I very much admire them, that's why I don't think I'll ever have a Constance...I feel my Chanel flaps serve that purpose.

How many people had a “never say never” experience with just Hermes in general? Thinking that it is not the brand for them, never going to get a Birkin, never going to “go on the journey”, never going to find other things that interest them...then one day decided “why not just go take a look” and fell down the slippery orange slope...

Just me? ;)

I think because H can be intimidating to newcomers (for multiple reasons), and because their famous bags are just soooo famous...I suspect this can be the case for some others too.

ETA: thanks for a fun thread!

Last edited:
How many people had a “never say never” experience with just Hermes in general? Thinking that it is not the brand for them, never going to get a Birkin, never going to “go on the journey”, never going to find other things that interest them...then one day decided “why not just go take a look” and fell down the slippery orange slope...

Just me? ;)

I think because H can be intimidating to newcomers (for multiple reasons), and because their famous bags are just soooo famous...I suspect this can be the case for some others too.

This perfectly describes my experience with H. Heck, I'm still intimidated when I walk into an H boutique. Everything is so fancy and I definitely am not fancy.

Twillys! Never thought I would decorate my bags, but now I do to preserve the handles of my lighter-colored or older bags. Although, I still draw the line at charms.

Just me? ;)

This was me. It was so daunting, but after over a decade buying from other designers, I figured I would just go in and see what they had. I found a runway item I’d dreamed of and a wonderful experience and have continued down the rabbit hole.

Just me? ;)

Absolutely. I have been buying Channel, LV, etc. for decades, but was always so unsure about Hermès.

I totally thought it was all 15k+ Birkin bags and thousand dollar scarves.

It wasn’t until the lockdown that I started checking out the website and once I ordered an Evie PM on-line I was hooked! Also, having an H bag on my shoulder gave me the confidence to finally go into the store. Now a bracelet, 2 Ulysees, 2 twillys and a Bolide later... All just this month! (The lockdown gave me time to sell off all my other bags.)

I have been bag obsessed for years, but am finally slowing down. I am tired of buying and selling, tired of trendy bags. The quality of H has really sucked me in. Their classic looks fit my style now. It’s the first time in adulthood that I have bought bags and want to use them until they are old, broken in and filled with my own scuff marks- I don’t worry about keeping them unused looking because they are keepers.

Back to the start of the thread- right now I would say never a Kelly or anything in Étoupe, but I also thought never an Evie or a scarf on my handles and that changed fast!

Last edited: