Wished for a Quota Bag in London Boutiques May 2022 , Still No Luck! Hermes Gurus please help :(

Ani2401

Nov 18, 2020
Hey All :smile:

Ever since i learnt about Hermes, There wasnt a single day spent without dreaming of owning one of these bags.

I am 33 , married wife and a mom, who works in Finance. I started my luxury bag / jewellery collection since 5 years ago.. In Bags i Started off with Gucci, LV , Dior , Chanel and now my love slowly shifted and Halted at Hermes.
I only buy luxury products two times a year - Once during my Birthday - which comes in May and Again during my Anniversary - which comes in December. I am also a mindful spender. We always set budget aside for the luxury purchases we want to do for that year, as My husband and I , both work in IT.

Ever since i fell in love with the Hermes bag, i do not feel like wasting my money on anything else... Including Chanel Classic Flap.
I bought a chanel classic flap from Harrods last year, but i am just too scared to use it , also not quite happy with the quality , as it feels too plastic...
So i dont feel like adding another Chanel Flap to my little collection whole heartedly.

I have read many great and non great stories online on Hermes. You need to look good, You need to interact , You need to build that relationship with SA etc etc.. Having listened to all of that online, Me being an Interovert, who struggles so much to do small talk generally even at work, Finally managed to step into the Hermes store at one of the London Boutiques , on May 2022.

May 2022 - The day i went in i was greeted by a nice SA - who seemed to help me with what i was looking for, I asked for an Oran Sandal - White one - He showed me one and i got it. I slowly asked him about the Bag and how does the system work, He explained me everything and asked if i want to put a wish. I put 3 neautral B-30 GHW wishes on the list. I also asked for the SA's number, and he happily gave it to me.
Post that, i came home, every once in a while, i messaged him, he used to say no luck on the bag etce,, and one day he suddenly stopped messaging.
I called in the boutique again to get an appointmeht with this SA - 1 after 2 months, and i was told he is no more working with Heremes.

Sep 2022 - Now, they again booked me an appointment with a new SA - 2 , who actually seemed very very wonderful, he made me try the bags, different sizes, explained me about the leathers - and on this visit i bought some perfumes , a nail polish etcetra.

Dec 2022 - i called up the Heremes store again to get an appointment with SA- 2, and i was again told he is no more working with Hermes. UHHH My luck ! i really liked this SA.... Now, they again booked me an appointment with a new SA - 3, who seemed okay, I bought a pair of loafers for my husband, some perfumes , checked on my wish again and walked away...

Early this year April 2023, I called in to book an appointment with the same SA - 3 , Luckily he is still there, i went into the store, checked on my wishlist. He mentioned my wishlist has expired, and asked me to request for a wish again. I did with the same previous intrestes - B30 GHW in all three neurtrals. He mentioned since its my second time updating my wish and since i am local, there is a high chance that my wish may be granted... So he asked me to be a patient. I also mentioned him that my birthday was coming in May next month, and he said he will make a note of it also on the system. He also asked me to come in early May - to check if there is anything available at all. On particular visit i requested him for O- Kelly earrings , and i bough them and left.

Next month in May 2023, I revisited the store exactly on my birthday and met the Same SA-3 - asking him that its my birthday, do you think there is anything for me... he went into the back , did try to look for me.. but came back empty handed... I was sooooo Sad! and i walked out of the store, without buying anything on my Birthday!

I dint want my birthday to be ruined, so somehow made my mind and decided that it will happen, when its supposed to happen. So i walked into the Harrods store - and bought me a VCA bracelet and a small pendant necklace as a birthday present, had nice dinner withmy son and my husband out and went home..

After many months i visited the store again this Nov 2023, This SA -3 was still there, did seem to remember me luckily.. I said i want to check if my wishlist has expired , if it is then i want to reupdate my wish and also revise my wishes to an accurate piece i am looking for... He said my wish is still active and expires Feb 2024, so - i am good for now. Also there is no point of asking accurate colors, as in my wishes i have selected any shades of Blacks, Beiges and Greys.. So i was like fine... He also kindly showed me a sling bag in blue color, which is ideally for men, and is not suitable for me.. and i very kindly rejected that bag...

I asked him for a couple of things - Like Kelly belt on this visit , and an H Watch. i dint find the H Watch i wanted , but i did buy an Kelly belt on this visit.

So over all - i am still waiting on my wish to be granted. I have asked for Birkin 30 Gold Hardware in Noir, Gold and Nata originally - but he selected shades of Black, Beige and Whites on my wish to be more flexible. On my recent visit - i have revised my wish by removing Whites and reupdated it to Greys..

I have just seen a video on youtube - where a lady - who visits the same store as i do - Got her wish granted in no time :sad: - just yesterday... and i am so sad and happy for her at the same time.. ...

Also - Amelia Liana - who is an instagram influencer goes to the same store, and she gets her wishes granted so easily.. like she got so many Mini Kellys from this store..

I understand London - it totally works on Wish list system - but quite shocked - Are wishlists granted in random or are they allocated to people in queue? So confused?

Also to my Hermes Gurus out here - was there anything better i could have done to get the B Bag early ?

Please help :smile:

Last edited:
Hey All :smile:

Ever since i learnt about Hermes, There wasnt a single day spent without dreaming of owning one of these bags.

I am 33 , married wife and a mom, who works in Finance. I started my luxury bag / jewellery collection since 5 years ago.. In Bags i Started off with Gucci, LV , Dior , Chanel and now my love slowly shifted and Halted at Hermes.
I only buy luxury products two times a year - Once during my Birthday - which comes in May and Again during my Anniversary - which comes in December. I am also a mindful spender. We always set budget aside for the luxury purchases we want to do for that year, as My husband and I , both work in IT.

Ever since i fell in love with the Hermes bag, i do not feel like wasting my money on anything else... Including Chanel Classic Flap.
I bought a chanel classic flap from Harrods last year, but i am just too scared to use it , also not quite happy with the quality , as it feels too plastic...
So i dont feel like adding another Chanel Flap to my little collection whole heartedly.

I have read many great and non great stories online on Hermes. You need to look good, You need to interact , You need to build that relationship with SA etc etc.. Having listened to all of that online, Me being an Interovert, who struggles so much to do small talk generally even at work, Finally managed to step into the Hermes store at one of the London Boutiques , on May 2022.

May 2022 - The day i went in i was greeted by a nice SA - who seemed to help me with what i was looking for, I asked for an Oran Sandal - White one - He showed me one and i got it. I slowly asked him about the Bag and how does the system work, He explained me everything and asked if i want to put a wish. I put 3 neautral B-30 GHW wishes on the list. I also asked for the SA's number, and he happily gave it to me.
Post that, i came home, every once in a while, i messaged him, he used to say no luck on the bag etce,, and one day he suddenly stopped messaging.
I called in the boutique again to get an appointmeht with this SA - 1 after 2 months, and i was told he is no more working with Heremes.

Sep 2022 - Now, they again booked me an appointment with a new SA - 2 , who actually seemed very very wonderful, he made me try the bags, different sizes, explained me about the leathers - and on this visit i bought some perfumes , a nail polish etcetra.

Dec 2022 - i called up the Heremes store again to get an appointment with SA- 2, and i was again told he is no more working with Hermes. UHHH My luck ! i really liked this SA.... Now, they again booked me an appointment with a new SA - 3, who seemed okay, I bought a pair of loafers for my husband, some perfumes , checked on my wish again and walked away...

Early this year April 2023, I called in to book an appointment with the same SA - 3 , Luckily he is still there, i went into the store, checked on my wishlist. He mentioned my wishlist has expired, and asked me to request for a wish again. I did with the same previous intrestes - B30 GHW in all three neurtrals. He mentioned since its my second time updating my wish and since i am local, there is a high chance that my wish may be granted... So he asked me to be a patient. I also mentioned him that my birthday was coming in May next month, and he said he will make a note of it also on the system. He also asked me to come in early May - to check if there is anything available at all. On particular visit i requested him for O- Kelly earrings , and i bough them and left.

Next month in May 2023, I revisited the store exactly on my birthday and met the Same SA-3 - asking him that its my birthday, do you think there is anything for me... he went into the back , did try to look for me.. but came back empty handed... I was sooooo Sad! and i walked out of the store, without buying anything on my Birthday!

I dint want my birthday to be ruined, so somehow made my mind and decided that it will happen, when its supposed to happen. So i walked into the Harrods store - and bought me a VCA bracelet and a small pendant necklace as a birthday present, had nice dinner withmy son and my husband out and went home..

After many months i visited the store again this Nov 2023, This SA -3 was still there, did seem to remember me luckily.. I said i want to check if my wishlist has expired , if it is then i want to reupdate my wish and also revise my wishes to an accurate piece i am looking for... He said my wish is still active and expires Feb 2024, so - i am good for now. Also there is no point of asking accurate colors, as in my wishes i have selected any shades of Blacks, Beiges and Greys.. So i was like fine... He also kindly showed me a sling bag in blue color, which is ideally for men, and is not suitable for me.. and i very kindly rejected that bag...

I asked him for a couple of things - Like Kelly belt on this visit , and an H Watch. i dint find the H Watch i wanted , but i did buy an Kelly belt on this visit.

So over all - i am still waiting on my wish to be granted. I have asked for Birkin 30 Gold Hardware in Noir, Gold and Nata originally - but he selected shades of Black, Beige and Whites on my wish to be more flexible. On my recent visit - i have revised my wish by removing Whites and reupdated it to Greys..

I have just seen a video on youtube - where a lady - who visits the same store as i do - Got her wish granted in no time :sad: - just yesterday... and i am so sad and happy for her at the same time.. ...

Also - Amelia Liana - who is an instagram influencer goes to the same store, and she gets her wishes granted so easily.. like she got so many Mini Kellys from this store..

I understand London - it totally works on Wish list system - but quite shocked - Are wishlists granted in random or are they allocated to people in queue? So confused?

Also to my Hermes Gurus out here - was there anything better i could have done to get the B Bag ear

I think many have had their wish fulfilled within 8 months or maximum 2 yrs if the bag is in neutral tones . I myself have got in 8 months with minimum spend .

Hi, I’m so sorry for your long wait. Have you read through, or inquired on the London shopping thread? https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/hermes-boutiques-in-london.197582/page-344
im in the US, where the system is different, but I think it’s hard to set deadlines on special occasions like birthdays.
Though it does seem like you have waited for some time. Having said all this, I would not necessarily believe all that you read on line re instant bag gratification. Am tagging @maxroxxherhandbags and @Prada Prince in case they might have specific insight. Again, I’m so sorry, but glad you got some beautiful VCA on your special day

Hi, I’m so sorry for your long wait. Have you read through, or inquired on the London shopping thread? https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/hermes-boutiques-in-london.197582/page-344
im in the US, where the system is different, but I think it’s hard to set deadlines on special occasions like birthdays.
Though it does seem like you have waited for some time. Having said all this, I would not necessarily believe all that you read on line re instant bag gratification. Am tagging @maxroxxherhandbags and @Prada Prince in case they might have specific insight. Again, I’m so sorry, but glad you got some beautiful VCA on your special day
Unfortunately, I think the wishlist system in the UK really is pretty opaque, and if you're not patient, it can be an eminently frustrating endeavour.

In my case, ever since the wishlist was instituted, my record is as follows: as I had requested a Birkin 35, which is not one of the more popular specs, I was able to get my wish fulfilled within 10 weeks of going on the wishlist. But this was at the end of 2021. I think demand has grown even more since then.

I went back on the wishlist for a K28 next in neutral colours. I have renewed the wish, and it has expired at the end of August I believe, this year. I haven't been back to my home store to renew it, and annoyingly, the two H purchases I made this year, were not in my home store. I will probably wait until I'm next in the area to renew the wish, but all I can really say is that you'd have to sit tight and just wait for the email or call to come.

The other alternative, should you not wish to go down the reseller route, is to apply for appointments in Paris, and make a trip there if you get an appointment. I managed to get my Mini Lindy through a walk-in appointment in FSH, but I do not recommend this route if you are looking for a quota bag, as there are too many variables if you are putting your hope on being offered one then. I would only apply for the appointments, knowing that you would be able to make a last minute trip there, predicated on the knowledge that you might still be offered nothing, despite making that specific trip.

Sorry I can't give any more positive advice. This is just how I have experienced it in London.

Oh this gives me hope i still got time until next May 2024 :smile: So lucky you got your wish granted in 8 months time... Do you have any tips for me :smile:
I went whenever I could even though I did not buy each time I went .Think each person's journey is different.Also I gave broad choices in colour ,noir ,etoupe and anything dark ,though I got my first choice .Good luck to you .Have seen loads of people with wishlist fulfilled ,don't lose hope though I did but was really shocked when I got the email and I did not have any specific SA x

Reactions: Ani2401
Not that this is necessarily directly your point, but you can't use influencers as yardsticks (meter sticks? Is that a thing?) in this case. Unless you're there with them for the entirety of their shopping journey, you don't know how long their wish actually took, or whether they're buying secondhand or borrowing from someone else, or even if some of their bags are fake. It's easy to think "they can do it; why can't I?" But you could just as easily get your bag, start a YouTube channel, and convince people it only took you four months to get your dream bag.

Not that this is necessarily directly your point, but you can't use influencers as yardsticks (meter sticks? Is that a thing?) in this case. Unless you're there with them for the entirety of their shopping journey, you don't know how long their wish actually took, or whether they're buying secondhand or borrowing from someone else, or even if some of their bags are fake. It's easy to think "they can do it; why can't I?" But you could just as easily get your bag, start a YouTube channel, and convince people it only took you four months to get your dream bag.
Absolutely agree here.
Influencers are not always candid & unless you are sharing your particular non influencer experience,
influencers for the most part are just a "tease" & for me just look the other way
While many of us acknowledge that we can walk in & get the bag of our dreams, its not the
norm. Many of us have a history with the brand & it is simply luck of the draw with that as well
There are many VVIP's that have carte blanche to bags & other items & that is just the way
it goes sadly & unfairly
But if someone does want a bag & doesn't want to have a huge pre-spend, the route of a
reseller is always an option as not everyone will want to wait what seems like forever, JMO

@Ani2401 as others have said..
Ignore what the influencers claim.their 'job' is to appear 'special' privileged' call it what you will.
for clients who visit the store and spend lots on a regular basis I'm sure their wishes will get fulfilled faster but for the occasional spender its very much a matter of waiting...
I got a birkin offer in late 2020 after waiting about 4 months or less..but I wanted a 40 which is not a popular size and also demand was less then....I actually got another offer for a Push offer Birkin a couple of months after I turned the 1st offer down
I put in a request for a 35 Kelly Retoune in 2022 and that request expired without being fulfilled I never bothered to renew it as i decided I prefer to chase discontinued styles.
My friend requested a Constance 24 when it was a Wishlist item and her wish expired twice despite being a pretty regular spender across home, jewellery and menswear.
in her case it was because the boutique weren't receiving larger bags..She gave up in the end and brought a pre-owned Kelly instead.
I'm telling you all this because everyone has a different experience.
Your wish is a very popular one there are probably 1000's waiting on that bag in the system.
It really is a case of ignore the influencers stick with your SA, keep being polite and carry on buying what you want and within your budget.
The bag will come...

I'm sorry to hear that your journey with Hermes has been a frustrating one. My personal take is that influencers can easily hide their spend by not sharing their full journey. As a Londoner, I think it does work off a wishlist system still but there is flexibility in that ordered system that is dictated by spending + relationship with your SA. By increasing both spend + having a strong relationship can help get you further up the order. To compare journeys: my friend got her first qb this year having started in 2021 while I also started in 2021 but was able to get the same specs as the influencer in around 8 months with 0.5:1 spend.

What has worked for me is:
1. Go into H with at least 2-3 different category items in mind (within your budget ofc) so you're not ever walking out empty-handed. My SA is back to back so would not appreciate if I didn't buy anything, they are at the end of the day working off commission/how many products they sell. For example the money you spent at VCA could've gone towards H.

2. Don't ask about your wishlist everytime you go in. I know it sounds strange- why wouldn't you ask about the thing you want to buy when you go in store but just think about the no. of local customers apart from you that also ask about bags and drop hints about birthdays/big events to push the process along. Any SA would get tired of letting people down. As a fellow introvert, I would hint about the bag maybe every few visits in subtle ways through my shopping e.g. buying items in colours i would want a bag in, dressing to go to the store in colours I like so they understand my taste, asking SA what colours they like etc.

3. Make a note of your wishlist expiry date and don't change your wishlist too much. Do check this but from my understanding, every time you change your wish, the expiry date resets to a year from the day you change so it may negatively impact when you get your bag. SA has told me they can't keep track themselves so they are grateful if you remind them a month before so they can see if they can get something for you.

Hope this helps, your bag will come to you eventually 🤞

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that your journey with Hermes has been a frustrating one. My personal take is that influencers can easily hide their spend by not sharing their full journey. As a Londoner, I think it does work off a wishlist system still but there is flexibility in that ordered system that is dictated by spending + relationship with your SA. By increasing both spend + having a strong relationship can help get you further up the order. To compare journeys: my friend got her first qb this year having started in 2021 while I also started in 2021 but was able to get the same specs as the influencer in around 8 months with 0.5:1 spend.

What has worked for me is:
1. Go into H with at least 2-3 different category items in mind (within your budget ofc) so you're not ever walking out empty-handed. My SA is back to back so would not appreciate if I didn't buy anything, they are at the end of the day working off commission/how many products they sell. For example the money you spent at VCA could've gone towards H.

2. Don't ask about your wishlist everytime you go in. I know it sounds strange- why wouldn't you ask about the thing you want to buy when you go in store but just think about the no. of local customers apart from you that also ask about bags and drop hints about birthdays/big events to push the process along. Any SA would get tired of letting people down. As a fellow introvert, I would hint about the bag maybe every few visits in subtle ways through my shopping e.g. buying items in colours i would want a bag in, dressing to go to the store in colours I like so they understand my taste, asking SA what colours they like etc.

3. Make a note of your wishlist expiry date and don't change your wishlist too much. Do check this but from my understanding, every time you change your wish, the expiry date resets to a year from the day you change so it may negatively impact when you get your bag. SA has told me they can't keep track themselves so they are grateful if you remind them a month before so they can see if they can get something for you.

Hope this helps, your bag will come to you eventually 🤞
I disagree with your first point. Spending the money on Hermes just for some chance to get a quota bag is just so crazy to me. At that point, OP should just go get a bag from a reseller instead of spending her VCA money on the Hermes things she doesn’t want.

I do think that SAs get asked about these bags dozens of times a day and get tired of it. It is clear OP is only shopping at Hermes to get a bag. She has had some bad luck with changing SAs, but the SAs is probably acutely aware she will keep buying things until the SA takes pity on her or she goes to a reseller. Honestly, I think the SAs milk the customers like that for all it is worth.

I don’t know how influencers get bags. In my experience, people who get bags offered often without begging for them are those who actually like the brand for something else and the SA knows they are not shopping just for the bag. I started as a scarf collector and picked up many bags along the way, but I am fundamentally not a bag person and won’t care if no bag is offered on a regular basis. I won’t buy more scarves because I may get a bag.

At this point, I would just go to a reseller. The SA will string the OP along for a while, costing her time, money, and peace of mind.

Last edited:
Both @lemonlime46 and @AnnaE make fair points. On the one hand, if you know how H works, you know the whole pre-spend thing. And I do think it helps to go into the store with some vague idea of what you want or intend to buy (generally). That said, the only way the whole pre-spend system works is if you love H as a brand. If all you want is a bag, you're better off going through the secondhand market. If you genuinely enjoy other H items, you're going to have to buy plenty of them to get that bag, so unless you have an unlimited budget, you may have to cut back on other luxury spending.

Thank you all for your comments. I personally do not like to buy from a Reseller. As i too want to get an Hermes experience of being offered the bag. I want to build that relationship with the brand.. . In my personal style - I enjoy their fashion jewellery and shoes ... So i keep buying these accessories mostly... But also at the back of my head - i do also want a bag along with the other items... I eredwant to get a bag off from the store... My intention is to not stop spending money as soon as i get Bag... i want to get more bags.. and im happy to be on this journey... But to get offered the first one... It is quite frustrating...
Also some suggest i should have bought Hermes, rather than spending on a VCA... i dont want to buy something with that much money all at once at Hermes... on things which i dont really like tbh..

Reactions: lemonlime46
Oh this gives me hope i still got time until next May 2024 :smile: So lucky you got your wish granted in 8 months time... Do you have any tips for me :smile:
Oh btw I completely forgot to mention ,I bought quite a few bags 15 yrs back and then there was a extremely long gap till beginning for this year and that too I wanted to get a spa for a bag ,when I put the wishlist.Fortunately the manager and assistant remembered me from decade back and maybe that helped even though my spend this year was 1500 approx .