Wish Me Luck, I'm going to need it!

I'll need all the luck I can get w/ my husband's family. He's the only normal one in the bunch! I have a week before I leave. My friend's have offered to pull a "Tanya Harding" stunt on me to get me out of it :smile:

LOL!!! I'm sorry cuz I'm sure it's not funny to you at all... but the way you described them... esp. your brother-in-law who's head is stuck up where the sun don't shine... I need to remeber that expression to use sometime.

As for your trip, although it seems that's going to be tough, I hope you come out of it with some good memories. You know what they say... what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mello yello jen - I would lovvvve to shop w/ you but I'm sure I'll be waiting for several days at the airport b/c my brother-in-law will forget we're coming :smile: The sad part is his wife doesn't even like to shop at all. I have only seen her wear white t-shirts and cargo shorts. She doesn't even carry a handbag GASP!

Jeannie77 - It really is funny! I just wish I didn't have to live it!

shushopn said:
A week from Friday we are going on a family trip (from hell). First stop San Francisco to visit my brother-in-law and his family. Nice guy but extremely inconsiderate. His head is stuck up where the sun don't shine. To give you some background, when my twins were 5 months old he begged us to visit. He promised he would rent cribs, get baby food and diapers etc. After a long flight from NY with babies he was an hour late to pick us up and then revealed he hadn't gotten anything we needed. We had to stop and get the cribs and food on the way to his house. The rest of our visit was a disaster. He hasn't changed much in 8 years.

Next stop Las Vegas for a business conference. We checked w/ our hotel and the babysitting service they use charges $35 an hour w/ a minimum of 4 hours!! Totally insane and I refuse to pay it. I will be anchored to my 8 year old twin sons(I love them but they will drive me nuts) for those 4 days.

Next stop Sun City West, AZ to visit my in-laws. Oy vay! It is a retirement community where no one can see over the steering wheel and everything closes by 8pm. My in-laws don't get around very well (an understatement) and my father-in-law is a bit out of it (another understatement). Last time we were there he was driving me to the gym and he backed right into our rent-a-car and broke the tail light! That was 4 years ago and my husband has put off going back b/c it is such torture. Oh, and did I mention that my mother-in-law is a chronic liar and alcoholic? Super!

2 of my friends are doctors and they have already offered to hook me up w/ intravenous valium :smile: I definitely will deserve a handbag after this.

This is one time I can't be a glass half-full optimist.

This sounds like a Everybody Loves Raymond episode...
Good luck...and I am reconsidering wanting twins! :wacko:

More good news! I just found out last night my husband's other loser brother (he has 2) is coming to Suncity West,AZ to visit w/ us the 3 days we're there...He is a recovering alcohlic/drug addict who expects everyone to cater to him! Between him and my senile, invalid in-laws I should be ready for a hospital by the end. I better start self-medicating now:smile: This trip really can't get any better....HELP ME!