Wish Coach wasn't SOOO common

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2008
I love Coach bags. I have MANY. It's just that everywhere I look, someone is carrying a Coach bag....and Fakes :sad: It's making me want to switch up some of my bags. I will still keep my favorite Coach bags, of course. I just think Coach has saturated the market.

I used to see a lot of fakes. Now I am seeing a lot more factory bags. I have switched from signature bags to leather partly because of the proliferation of siggy bags. Now I can't decide if I want to keep any of my fabric bags.
I am pretty loyal to Coach. There isn't a similarly priced brand that I like. There might a brand that I would like but where I live, shopping is limited.

That is why I only by boutique bags. Not to mention most of the MFF bags are not that nice. I try to score FP deletes when I do hit the outlets. Too many people are carrying the MFF siggy bags. I have sold off most o my siggy bags except for one or two. Everything else is leather.

I see mostly siggy bags here too. I've never been a fan of those (from any brand, not just Coach) but do like the other styles.

I think most of the ones I see here are real because there's an outlet store about 45 minutes away. The only ones I have that aren't leather are the Tattoo bags. All mine are FPs too (but found at the outlet). I'm getting my first MFF bag soon. I'd been wanting a plain red leather with silver hardware and never saw that in the boutiques.

i went from being one of two girls out of the 15 i work with to have coach bags.

and now i think they all do except for one. and maybe 1/3 of them are fakes.

i got soooo aggrivated that i do not even bring a bag to work anymore and i'm looking for ways to sell or trades my coach bags off now.

louie and gucci for me.

(given, like someone else said, i'm going to keep the one or two that i adore)

I was at the post office the other day and there were 4 women in line with me, we all had coach bags. Uggg. Their bags were factory siggys, whereas I was carrying my safflower lindsey. All my bags were ordered from botiques except for my purple op art which came from ebay. I am also not a fan of factory siggys, I think they're boring (sorry to those who own factory siggys). I agree that coach has saturated the market, but I'm just going to carry all leather bags rather than switch brands.

I've never been a fan of signature fabric, whether it's from the fp store or the outlet. Here is So Fla. it's almost all you see though. We have a couple outlets fairly close to here and there seems to be a huge proliferation of them. I tend more to the non-signature leather bags myself, with the exception of a red patent embossed gallery tote and my old standby coated canvas tote for rainy days.

I have friends that say "Why don't you like the C's fabric? Otherwise nobody will know it's Coach?" Personally I carry my bags because *I* like them, not for anyone else to fawn over.

I've never liked the siggy bags in any brand, just my personal taste, but I love my leather Coach bags. I see a lot of siggy Coach around here, too, but I wear my bags for me so I'll just keep at it.

I buy my Coach bags for me. I have siggie,leather etc etc .I love them all! I find it funny though how most people only think of Coach as the siggie print!

However--one of my friends recently bought a really bad fake and thinks she's gotten one over on me because--"No one can tell if it's real and I only paid $40 for it!!":wacko:

lol tell me about it!!! esp since i live in a SMALL place that is GROWING!!! we finally got another mall (yea we ONLY HAD 1 MALL!!....well the new mall is a promenade) and that place has a FP store...well everyone there shopping carries a COACH BAG....i don't really care if i see it everywhere b/c apparently my COACH style is VERRRRY different than all the people around me....i think that people buy them where i live buy them for a STATUS symbol? lol which in my case it isn't.....i like the leather and the quality of COACH compared to other brands....and the ones i see everywhere are the LOOK AT ME SIGNATURE bags....but hey thats why i love my unique leather bags and i try to stay away from siggy bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.