Wish Coach wasn't SOOO common

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in Singapore, more and more people are carrying Coach, but most are MFF signature ones. A lot of them bought their bags during their holidays in US or through their friends or relatives who went to US. Online blog shops also help to boost such sales too.

I have MFF bags but only 3 signature bags which are FP deletes. I think full
leather bags are more classic and everlasting. I think the newer MFF signature styles are getting horrible with their loud 'look at me!' prints. Some look like fakes to me.

I have stopped buying new Coach bags because I feel the newer styles are not as well made as the previous styles. Also partly is too many people are carrying Coach bags now. But I do treasure all my old girls like Ergo, Legacy, Brooke, Parker.

It really bugs me to see some girls carrying around a fake whether it be siggy or leather...it's just the fact that to me I save up so much for a bag whenever I can and it loses it's value because of the fact that other girls are carrying this awful fake. For me when I know that I have worked for a bag it makes me feel a bit more luxurious :shrugs: I'm weird like that lol. For the record the nearest outlet to me is in Niagara Falls. In the city I live its either authentic or just completely knock off :tdown::Push::wtf:

I LOVE my Coach bags whether they are Siggie or Leather :smile:. If I like the bag, I will buy it regardless of the brand, pattern, etc. I also like some MFF and I don't think that it is necessarily worse quality because it is for the outlet, you know? Buy what you love and don't let anyone stop you from it :smile:!

I would much rather walk into a room full of women carrying authentic siggy Coach than walk past two or three women with a fake. Fakes aggravate me to NO END, especially when you have two Coach sections at our local mall (Belk and Dillards, along with outlets in Charlotte, Blowing Rock, Mebane, etc.)
I am seeing more authentic, and I like it. Most of the time it's not leather, but seeing a real leather Coach is a special treat. I still see more fakes than anything. I know I shouldn't care, but I do.

I personally don't care for most logo material, although there are a few specialty print fabric purses I think are lovely. However, I would be entirely delighted if every gal (or guy) in the entire world sported a Coach as a treasure, if it makes them feel good about being able to afford one (MFF, sig print, FP,whatever!) And the fact that other people like something I do too, does not cheapen it in my eyes. I place the value on my possessions, I don't let other people values determine my own.

I love Coach bags. I have MANY. It's just that everywhere I look, someone is carrying a Coach bag....and Fakes :sad: It's making me want to switch up some of my bags. I will still keep my favorite Coach bags, of course. I just think Coach has saturated the market.
I actually feel just the opposite. I love Coach and I love it when I see someone carrying it. I've never seen anyone carrying the same bag as me or any bag that I own, for that matter, but I think it would be cool if I did.:cool:

If I ever saw someone carrying the same Coach as me, we'd have to chat! I tend to pick more colorful leathers (not neutrals) and that is not the norm here. Points in their favor for having good taste. :lol:

I'd say about 75% of what I see is factory or fake. Most is siggy factory and I see a lot of wristlets. I see some vintage bags (more than one would think which is cool!) One day I saw a group of ladies shopping together and they all had sophias (different colors and fabrics) which was kindof neat. I was like WTH- cool! :lol:

I've rarely seen a bag I own, I'd probably stop traffic if I saw another red patent peyton to tell the gal "Hey I have that bag!"....while Coach is a popular brand around here it's mostly bags I don't carry. I wouldn't really care anyway, since I figure we all get what we like- to each their own. :biggrin:

BTW--I have some MFF bags and I love them as much as my FP ones! I've never looked at one type of bag as being "better" somehow than others--It's all good--as long as it's not fake!

Ladies, I am an older woman who has loved poketbooks since I was born. My mother used to say I was born with a purse in my hand! I don't care how many people have real or fakes of any brands. My favorite is LV and then Coach and Gucci. I have some less expensive bags, but I rarely carried any of them so sold them on ebay.
If I like a particular style/brand, that's all that matters to me. If someone else thinks it's a fake or there are too many flooding the mkt., that's not my concern. I know what I paid, that what I have is the real thing, and that my purses give me delight when I carry them. I don't worry about what other people think. I'm comfortable in my own skin and my own style.
Be an individual and do your own thing. You don't have to explain yourself or what you like to anyone.
Carry what you like when you like and just enjoy.
Happy 2012
panera

My initial Coach bags are siggys, and I definitely bust them out every so often. But most of the bags I use on more regular rotation don't have the siggy C's on them--they're regular or patent leather, or have a funky pattern (plaid, tweed, canvas) to them that jazzes things up. In fact, one thing that I've become known for by this one particular SA at the Coach Outlets (who said this to me when I was in the store with my mom) is that I come in wearing and searching for the more "unique" Coach bags. But since I prefer fun, different bags, my Coach handbag purchases have slowed down some and I'm trying out other designers like Kate Spade.

While my eye's instantly drawn to Coach bags, I've also noticed a rise in Michael Kors bags in my area (Northern VA/DC)--specifically the signature ones, and especially the brown signature ones that look like they're a slash between wannabe Louis Vuitton and Coach. If I'm in certain shopping areas, I'll notice LV as well (like at Tyson's Corner) and the very occasional Gucci. But Coach is definitely the most frequent.

for me, it really doesn't have anything to do with what others "think". It matters how it makes me feel. I remember when I got my first Coach....it made me feel special to carry it...it was such a nice bag. They also were somewhat of an investment.....not that they appreciate, but that they retained their value. Supply and demand. With them being so readily available now, i've seen bags that once held some value be completely deflated.

for me, it really doesn't have anything to do with what others "think". It matters how it makes me feel. I remember when I got my first Coach....it made me feel special to carry it...it was such a nice bag. They also were somewhat of an investment.....not that they appreciate, but that they retained their value. Supply and demand. With them being so readily available now, i've seen bags that once held some value be completely deflated.

That is why I buy what I love and I would never expect to get anywhere near retail for it if I sold it.

For me, it isn't a matter of siggie, or Coach itself, being common.
I just like carrying something fabulous that you don't see very often, which yes, is often not signature.
Incidentally, I see LOADS of of the monogram LV canvas stuff, and I feel the same way. I get excited if I see an LV leather bag of some kind in the wild.

But at the same time, as some TPFers have pointed out, you should carry what you love. If you love Signature, Leather, MFF, or plastic grocery bags, then carry them! Just for the love of Pete, if you carry Signature Khaki anything, please use the Signature Fabric Cleaner regularly. It gives the term "filthy hobo" a completely different meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.