Window Tint Citations? How did you deal?

allison said:
Probably your best bet is to have the windows retinted to a legal tint, go to court, show the receipt that you fixed the problem, and they'll throw it out.

I agree with this. It sucks, but it's probably the best way to go. I grew up in a small town where almost everyone had illegal tint, and there was one state trooper who just loved to pull people over for their tint. He actually pulled my mom and stepdad over, they were driving their 2002 Nissan Maxima :lol: I didn't think a couple in their 50s would get pulled over :lol: The officer was nice and let them off the hook, since they had no idea the tint was illegal, they just asked for "dark tint" when they had the windows done.

I'm sorry you were ticketed :sad: But, I think your best bet would be to do what allison said, they'll probably throw it out.

allison said:
Probably your best bet is to have the windows retinted to a legal tint, go to court, show the receipt that you fixed the problem, and they'll throw it out.

I think her problem is that she was given a moving violation and not a fix it ticket. If it was a fix it ticket, she can just do what you said. But you can't do that with a moving violation. She may even have to go to traffic school so she doesn't get points for it.

Pnay71 said:
I think her problem is that she was given a moving violation and not a fix it ticket. If it was a fix it ticket, she can just do what you said. But you can't do that with a moving violation. She may even have to go to traffic school so she doesn't get points for it.
hmm I didn't know you couldn't do that. In KY, as long as it's fixable, you can do it no matter the ticket. She might want to check with her state laws to see if she can do it that way. Otherwise, take the fall but still replace it s it doesn't happen again. You can't fight something like that.

I have an appointment to have my windows retinted on Thursday to a legal tint. However, it says to go to a hearing officer in 10 business days... but I'll be at my new job. Maybe I can go on Friday and explain my situation and prove to them with my sales slip that I got my tinting re-done? Ugh, I don't know. Thanks for being so helpful everyone. I posted somewhere else as well and people like attacked me for being upset. :o(

I don't know what to tell ya, I'm in Canada so I'm sure the law is completely different. I think you should try and go to court though because the whole things sounds a little odd to me, a moving violation for illegally tinted windows?? It's definatly worth a shot. Good luck!

allison said:
as far as I know, unmarked cars can pull anyone over in their own jurisdiction in every state. If he was off duty, that would be a different story. I was pulled over one night for speeding by an officer in his cruiser, in his flannel pj's. The court threw it out immediatly.

when i was in high school, we had a lawyer employed by traffic court come and talk to a law class that i was taking, and he specifically stated that a completely unmarked car cannot give you a ticket legally. they also can't give you a ticket in Georgia for less than 11 miles over the speed limit, which is something he told us that i've verified with various police officers that come in to my work. our traffic laws are kind of odd.