Window Tint Citations? How did you deal?

CoachKatie

Addict
Feb 15, 2006
Minnesnowta
Well when I was stopped at the stoplight (I had my mom in my car - out shopping!!!)... I was like, "Ma, there's a cop behind me" because I could see the light bar inside of his windshield. I made my turn and BAM!

I called one of my friends today who got a citation for his tint, he said that his didn't go on his insurance even though it was a "moving violation". The officer never took my insurance information or anything, he just looked at my card and was like, "Good, not expired" didn't even take it back to his squad like they do if you speed or something.

This is such a pain in the ass, excuse my language. That guy definately had a quota to fill. Grrr. Wrong place, wrong time. That's my luck.

I plan on going to the court on Friday (even though they say to wait ten days... which I can't do!) and I'm going to show them that I already got my tint changed and see if they can do anything yet. I'll let you all know what happens!

Thanks for all of the good luck's!

peacocky

Flaunt your Fringe
Dec 7, 2005
amanda said:
when i was in high school, we had a lawyer employed by traffic court come and talk to a law class that i was taking, and he specifically stated that a completely unmarked car cannot give you a ticket legally. they also can't give you a ticket in Georgia for less than 11 miles over the speed limit, which is something he told us that i've verified with various police officers that come in to my work. our traffic laws are kind of odd.
I guess it varies from state to states because almost 45% of the police cruisers in KY are unmarked. 75% of them in Louisville are unmarked and are Camaros, Jeeps, mini vans, Civics, Crown Vic's, etc. As for GA, everytime I pass through holy cow do I not speed. Those cops are every where.

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
New York City
www.purseblog.com
allison said:
I guess it varies from state to states because almost 45% of the police cruisers in KY are unmarked. 75% of them in Louisville are unmarked and are Camaros, Jeeps, mini vans, Civics, Crown Vic's, etc. As for GA, everytime I pass through holy cow do I not speed. Those cops are every where.
hmm...do you drive through on 75? there's always a good deal of cops out and about, paticularly in Athens (we have to have enough cops to deal with gameday weekends and an extra hundred thousand people in town, and then they don't have anything to the rest of the year but write tickets), but everyone here speeds, i don't know anyone who's ever gotten a ticket for less than 18 over. if you're only going 80 in a 65, they've got worse speeders to deal with, lol.

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
New York City
www.purseblog.com
allison said:
yeah I take 75 on my way to Tampa or Orlando.
i'm quite familiar with 75, it cuts through my hometown :biggrin:. it kinda scares me, no native Atlantan takes the highways unless they absolutely have to. it's always the people that weren't born here (like my boyfriend) that think they're so convenient, lol.

CoachKatie

Addict
Feb 15, 2006
Minnesnowta
Ok Ladies! I'm going to go fight the law about my citation! Lol! I got my tint changed yesterday (hardly looks any different) but I have the paperwork proving it's now 50%. Thanks for all of your support! I'll let you know what happens. Wish me luck! haha