William and Catherine, Prince and Princess of Wales

Two things can be true. A person can need more time to recover and a person can be feeling better which is the idea of recovery imo. Doing meet-and-greets is exhausting, iykyk.
Being a rather old Canadian, I'm a bit of a royalist, but I still think although a meet-and-greet may be tiring, at least someone is at home doing the laundry, cleaning, cooking, checking on the kids and chauffeuring you back and forth.

Can you imagine coming home to a dirty house and rushing to make dinner. Now that's exhausting.

I am beginning to think that they need some new blood at BP. I have the feeling that they are a bunch of old fogies running the show. They need to hire younger people who are more into social medial and technology.
Imo younger people handle these things better is a myth. Plenty of examples where they do not. In fact, can we be sure that younger people did not cause this mess? Perhaps they were a bit inattentive when they should have been much more alert. Imo. Skill, knowledge and competence matter so much more than age.

ETA: anyone with historical perspective will understand what is happening so much better than a novice. In a not-so-subtle way, this mess reeks of hidden agenda.
Being a rather old Canadian, I'm a bit of a royalist, but I still think although a meet-and-greet may be tiring, at least someone is at home doing the laundry, cleaning, cooking, checking on the kids and chauffeuring you back and forth.

Can you imagine coming home to a dirty house and rushing to make dinner. Now that's exhausting.
Of course, it all is. I cannot imagine the enormous pressure to appear in full makeup with perfect hair, perfect clothes, etc. on a regular day. No path is as easy or as carefree as Disney & Vogue present it. These calls for her to get back to work are absurd imo. Because people have been so demanding and sometimes downright mean, I hope she takes more time off. Let the chatterati chatter. Rise above it, Catherine.

Last edited:
Amazing what 2 weeks can do for a person. She has like elf ears? The PR people for W/K have lost their minds.

View attachment 5968717
I'm pretty sure the "elf ear" is an illusion created by tucking her hair behind her ear, and then some of her hair is falling forward over the ear creating the pointy ear look. We know she does not have pointy ears. And if the facial puffiness was due to meds she may be off them now and lost the puffiness.

Imo younger people handle these things better is a myth. Plenty of examples where they do not. In fact, can we be sure that younger people did not cause this mess? Perhaps they were a bit inattentive when they should have been much more alert. Imo. Skill, knowledge and competence matter so much more than age.

ETA: anyone with historical perspective will understand what is happening so much better than a novice. In a not-so-subtle way, this mess reeks of hidden agenda.

Of course, it all is. I cannot imagine the enormous pressure to appear in full makeup with perfect hair, perfect clothes, etc. on a regular day. No path is as easy or as carefree as Disney & Vogue present it. These calls for her to get back to work are absurd imo. Because people have been so demanding and sometimes downright mean, I hope she takes more time off. Let the chatterati chatter. Rise above it, Catherine.
Please reread my post. I did not say that younger people handle things better. I said that I thought that new blood would be more into social media and tech better.

So far it doesn’t look like the old dogs are doing a great job or learning new tricks

IDK I think they have made big problems for themselves by not releasing the untouched Mother’s Day photo after people called out the photoshop. Its supposed purpose was to show that the POW is recovering well and is up and about with their family. It didn’t show that because there’s been too much speculation on whether the whole thing was collaged or ai generated. They already broke her privacy by putting the photo out so it’s not a matter of principle anymore. Just show the photo where she looks like what she actually looks like. People aren’t going to be surprised she looks worse for wear after surgery and at some point theoretically she’s gotta go out in public so we will found out if she’s *gasp* fatter or whatever.

My unpopular opinion is I think the media has got a point, and I said this about Meghan too and I think that people are being a bit inconsistent here but anyway the royals and the press are in a symbiotic relationship in a multi million pound industry.
This issue is bigger than Catherine herself but it’s got focused on her because she’s probably the biggest earner for the press and pap agencies.The royals pulling out of public appearances and going radio silent on the press is dangerous to the bottom line and people’s livelihoods are at stake.

It doesn’t matter to prince William if he goes to some memorial service and there’s no performance review for whether he’s earning his salary: whereas the paparazzo who would’ve sold the pics for a hundred doesn’t get that cheque and the staff writer who is barely holding on against the whole of the tabloid industry going chatgpt generated increasingly can’t rely on William to keep turning up to create stories.

When people, especially vindictive little goblins like Harry, delightedly talk about tabloids and media getting hurt this is who they mean- none of this is going to stop Piers Moron from laughing at him on talk shows or lord Rothermere from making bank from his bot articles.

All that being the case I think they’ve been quite reserved in letting free wild speculation about Catherine and toeing the party line about her deserving reclusive recuperation. They have to print something. It’s literally their bread and butter and none of the royals are giving them anything to sell. I’m not surprised a couple of journos, including the aforementioned piers, are acting like the photos and the increasing reliance on their own social media is a betrayal.

When Prince Philip passed away, on the day of the funeral, reporters were going around Windsor for man on the street stories about him. They said he often walked into town and would buy the paper and chat with folks. The royals have never struck me as being unfriendly or stuck up. Yes there are two well known exceptions, but they don't even live in the country anymore. Catherine has been seen shopping at Tesco, so I don't think she is afraid to go out in the real world. Everyone in the immediate family has always seemed very charming.
Exactly how it happened here, us locals gave William and Catherine the privacy they deserved, lots of people saw them out and about doing normal day to day stuff. It was an open secret as the where they actually lived, we all knew but no one said a word. It was only after they moved that the press printed pictures of the house. We classed them (and still do) as one of our own and we looked out for them.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the "elf ear" is an illusion created by tucking her hair behind her ear, and then some of her hair is falling forward over the ear creating the pointy ear look. We know she does not have pointy ears. And if the facial puffiness was due to meds she may be off them now and lost the puffiness.
Exactly, my mum was on certain meds, a few days her face and hands were puffy then for a few days they'd be normal. This happened lots of times over the course of 12 months.
Are people really that ignorant?

IDK I think they have made big problems for themselves by not releasing the untouched Mother’s Day photo after people called out the photoshop. Its supposed purpose was to show that the POW is recovering well and is up and about with their family. It didn’t show that because there’s been too much speculation on whether the whole thing was collaged or ai generated. They already broke her privacy by putting the photo out so it’s not a matter of principle anymore. Just show the photo where she looks like what she actually looks like. People aren’t going to be surprised she looks worse for wear after surgery and at some point theoretically she’s gotta go out in public so we will found out if she’s *gasp* fatter or whatever.

My unpopular opinion is I think the media has got a point, and I said this about Meghan too and I think that people are being a bit inconsistent here but anyway the royals and the press are in a symbiotic relationship in a multi million pound industry.
This issue is bigger than Catherine herself but it’s got focused on her because she’s probably the biggest earner for the press and pap agencies.The royals pulling out of public appearances and going radio silent on the press is dangerous to the bottom line and people’s livelihoods are at stake.

It doesn’t matter to prince William if he goes to some memorial service and there’s no performance review for whether he’s earning his salary: whereas the paparazzo who would’ve sold the pics for a hundred doesn’t get that cheque and the staff writer who is barely holding on against the whole of the tabloid industry going chatgpt generated increasingly can’t rely on William to keep turning up to create stories.

When people, especially vindictive little goblins like Harry, delightedly talk about tabloids and media getting hurt this is who they mean- none of this is going to stop Piers Moron from laughing at him on talk shows or lord Rothermere from making bank from his bot articles.

All that being the case I think they’ve been quite reserved in letting free wild speculation about Catherine and toeing the party line about her deserving reclusive recuperation. They have to print something. It’s literally their bread and butter and none of the royals are giving them anything to sell. I’m not surprised a couple of journos, including the aforementioned piers, are acting like the photos and the increasing reliance on their own social media is a betrayal.
Unfortunately, there have been some fairly egregious acts by the press over the past few decades. The phone hacking scandals, the leaked recording of Charles’ phone conversation with Camilla, Martin Bashir tricking Diana into giving him that infamous interview, to name a few examples. BP isn’t blameless either since they leak when it suits them but then expect the press to put up with half truths or radio silence at other times. The press has lost a lot of credibility over the years as their reporting has become more slipshod and their ability or willingness to fact check their stories continues to erode. I don’t follow the British publications so I’m not sure if any of them were involved in spreading the Rose Hanbury rumors but that’s a case of the press (whether it be foreign or local) just running a very damaging story with no proof and no fact checking. The ability to use social media to shape the narrative has also fundamentally changed the BRF’s relationship with the press. I just see the relationship between the press and the BRF becoming increasingly adversarial as the press struggles to stay relevant as a source of reliable information. It’s pretty sad when Reddit forums post information faster and often more accurately than the traditional press.

Amazing what 2 weeks can do for a person. She has like elf ears? The PR people for W/K have lost their minds.

View attachment 5968717

You cannot create a sharp image from a blurry one taken from a distance using AI and assume it is accurate. You also cannot look at a blurry photo taken from a distance and assume all shapes in it are accurate. Hair on top of the ear, atmospheric distortion... Anyone claiming that you can create a sharp image from a blurry one probably believed in the laughable effects on C.S.I. tv episodes.

Here's more information on atmospheric distortion: https://www.jmg-galleries.com/blog/2010/03/29/photo-term-series-19-atmospheric-distortion/