William and Catherine, Prince and Princess of Wales

She posed with her babies right after giving birth. She already set that precedent. At this point, it is just a respect for everyone to post a video saying thank you for all your concern. This whole thing would disappear.
She may in time, but for now why not show some respect for their request for her privacy during her recuperation? Following royal precedent (which she did not set, just followed) by presenting the royal newborns outside the hospital is not the same thing as publicly sharing the details of an illness and surgery.

My biggest ?? is that she’s seemingly okay, why did KP flub this whole thing so badly? I could see them screwing up if they were really trying to hide something serious, but sheesh, they seemingly made this a lot worse for no reason.
I think social media produced the gasoline thrown onto the fire.

She posed with her babies right after giving birth. She already set that precedent. At this point, it is just a respect for everyone to post a video saying thank you for all your concern. This whole thing would disappear.

Posing with the babies… That precedent and expectation was set before she even came along and I feel that she accepted it going in to the role.

At the onset they announced she would be offline until after Easter. Expectation was set so why be the first to cave?

Posing with the babies… That precedent and expectation was set before she even came along and I feel that she accepted it going in to the role.

At the onset they announced she would be offline until after Easter. Expectation was set so why be the first to cave?
Cave? She's fine now.
People are concerned for her and she can just end it with a video thank-you. For a public person, this is not a big imposition at all.

My biggest ?? is that she’s seemingly okay, why did KP flub this whole thing so badly? I could see them screwing up if they were really trying to hide something serious, but sheesh, they seemingly made this a lot worse for no reason.
I am beginning to think that they need some new blood at BP. I have the feeling that they are a bunch of old fogies running the show. They need to hire younger people who are more into social medial and technology.

Someone has alluded to this but I wouldn’t be surprised if there had been a targeted attack by a large country that held ‘elections’ this week. W & K are known supporters of another country and the president and First Lady - I suspect that’s far more likely than some of the more outlandish theories. Destabilisation etc

I believe this. Especially now that they've released fake news about the King being dead.

Great to see smiling Kate even though I wish she was left alone. And I am not surprised she is so thin. I don't expect she has been able to eat much else than liquids if she had a bowel surgery.

Cave? She's fine now.
People are concerned for her and she can just end it with a video thank-you. For a public person, this is not a big imposition at all.
Let's say you had a serious medical issue that required you to take an extended leave from your job. How would you feel if one of your subordinates said you owed them a video thank you for their concern? It is her prerogative to decide if, when and how she wants to share her medical information.

My theory on this is that KP team weren’t driving the privacy thing, William and Kate were. Furthermore, she looks okay now, but it may not have looked that way initially, or they may have been uncertain if the operation was successful.

Also, whilst to me she looks great, I can imagine there’s a pool of people saying that she was receiving treatment for an eating disorder and that’s why she is so thin.

I am beginning to think that they need some new blood at BP. I have the feeling that they are a bunch of old fogies running the show. They need to hire younger people who are more into social medial and technology.

Perhaps it wasn’t KP team at fault here and they were following orders. A podcast I listened to talked about it and mentioned that the Queen was great at taking advice, and that someone from their team should have told them that a closed lid on this for 3 months wasn’t going to happen. Perhaps failure in KP team yes, but I think they were carrying out instructions.

• Insightful
Reactions: QueenofWrapDress
She is fine now and looks to be fully recovered. She is a public figure and not a private individual, so your analogy doesn't apply. There is nothing difficult about making a thank you video at this point.
She is a public figure, but she’s still an individual and the public does not own
her. The condition of her health is private. If she dances to media’s tune and indulges their demands once, they will expect it any time something comes up.

Appearances don’t always tell the whole story. She is up and walking around but perhaps she tires easily. Many people who have been through serious surgery have a period of physical therapy to regain their strength.

Besides, what’s the point of being royal if you can’t call the shots about when and how you return from an absence? Aren’t they expected to do what they want?

Two things can be true. A person can need more time to recover and a person can be feeling better which is the idea of recovery imo. Doing meet-and-greets is exhausting, iykyk.

The farm shop is on the Royal Windsor estate -people allowed that close access to the RF whether at Windsor Sandringham or Balmoral have decency and breeding and don’t “snap” unless at a public “event “ like the traditional walk to church - this isn’t Lala land
Well, as I said, if they really were out and about, there would be a photo and apparently there is.

I wasn't assuming a respectful neighbour might take one, but there is always someone who will.

No, the conspiracy bots ‘made this a lot worse’ all on their own. Maybe this thread can stop with conspiracies, maybe.