William and Catherine, Prince and Princess of Wales

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand it's great to see her out and she looks good, but it's an invasion of her privacy. It was bound to happen though, so better if it was done on their own terms. Hopefully it will shut a lot of the crazies up.

Agreed! Though I've come to the conclusion that crazies ENJOY being crazies and nothing would shut them up, even if Catherine rang their doorbell and hand delivered a fruit basket.

Agreed! Though I've come to the conclusion that crazies ENJOY being crazies and nothing would shut them up, even if Catherine rang their doorbell and hand delivered a fruit basket.
Conspiracy theories keep half the gossip threads alive. It's entertaining but it's clearly her so it feels like the steam has run out of this one.

From some voices of reason on X. How refreshing!

When Prince Philip passed away, on the day of the funeral, reporters were going around Windsor for man on the street stories about him. They said he often walked into town and would buy the paper and chat with folks. The royals have never struck me as being unfriendly or stuck up. Yes there are two well known exceptions, but they don't even live in the country anymore. Catherine has been seen shopping at Tesco, so I don't think she is afraid to go out in the real world. Everyone in the immediate family has always seemed very charming.

Conspiracy theories keep half the gossip threads alive. It's entertaining but it's clearly her so it feels like the steam has run out of this one.
I hope so. It should quiet any sane people but there are those looneys who will just switch their strategy now that their pet theory was debunked.

Criticism 1: She was never sick and it’s all a big cover up to hide [insert baseless scandal rumor about them here.]

Criticism 2: If she’s healthy enough to walk around then she’s healthy enough to be working! That Kate is shirking her duty! Blah blah blah.

Whether you’re happy about it or not, the video is real. TMZ is the outlet that gets these first because they are at the top of the celebrity news business. From the article:

“BTW, for all the skeptics who might not believe this was taken as it's been relayed to us -- we've delved into the metadata ... and there's no doubt, this was filmed on Saturday right near the Prince and Princess of Wales' home in Windsor. So yes, it's a legitimate video.”
If it's real, then it seems she has recovered. Why not just film a short clip to allay all the speculations? She obviously can.

If it's real, then it seems she has recovered. Why not just film a short clip to allay all the speculations? She obviously can.

If she gives in and gives them what they want rather than on her own terms, they will come to expect performance on demand and will want more and more.

Good for her for setting some boundaries and not caving to the unreasonable demands.

If she gives in and gives them what they want rather than on her own terms, they will come to expect performance on demand and will want more and more.

Good for her for setting some boundaries and not caving to the unreasonable demands.
She posed with her babies right after giving birth. She already set that precedent. At this point, it is just a respect for everyone to post a video saying thank you for all your concern. This whole thing would disappear.