William and Catherine, Prince and Princess of Wales

She really isn't too posh for anything, is she. Love her.
I think that's a big part of her appeal. She is a normal person, brought up relatively normally, in an above average income, quite stable and apparently close family. No aristocratic connections as far as I know and the average Brit can more easily identify with her and vice versa. I think her love for sports helps a lot too. She and her siblings went to the same boarding school as my DH. :smile:

Last edited:
I think that's a big part of her appeal. She is a normal person, brought up relatively normally, in an above average income, quite stable and apparently close family. No aristocratic connections as far as I know and the average Brit can more easily identify with her and vice versa. I think her love for sports helps a lot too. She and her siblings went to the same boarding school as my DH. :smile:

I think Sophie does this too quite well. I'm not as familiar with Sophie's family or background but she throws herself into all kinds of activities and always with a smile.

BTW, do we know why the Brits didn't go to Norway's future queen's 18th birthday? Everyone else was there (Denmark, Spain, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Greece...they had a super cute picture with five heirs to the throne, the oldest being 20 and the youngest being 2).
From what I remember, it usually seems to me that it's only Edward and Sophie that attends mainland European Royal events such as weddings and significant birthdays. This week they've been on Royal tour duty.

Royal and the Photographer Incident - YouTube

Also from another forum..... Longer clip. You can also hear Kate in the background (she said he was stalking at their house that she saw him). Starts at 1:29. He also says that he has a longer clip

And that is how it’s done. No cursing, no threats, enough rhetorical questions to make ya feel 2 inches high. Hey world, fyi simply because you have a camera does not mean you stick it in everyone’s face, no matter who they are.

How dare you.