Will you let someone borrow your Chanel?

My not sharing policy has cost me dearly.....ended up buying daughters two chanels since I could not bear letting them go on a trip with my kids.......also, I did lend a good, good friend once one of my least liked chanels from some seasons past to go to Aspen. She spends like a maniac but does not buy classic good handbags.,and asked to borrow it. Anyhoo, I was miserable from the time the bag left my house, even though I had not used it in months and months., two weeks after her return I had not heard from her and I was panicking....mind you, I did not even love that bag.....I finally called her and left her a rather cold message regarding needing my bag back for an ocassion, etc., etc. Found out, she never took it....I picked it up, and literally smiled all the way home.....it is still in its dustbag and has come out a few more times since our separation........no, I will not lend my chanels....it is to traumatic.....and I almost lost a longtime friendship over it..:heart:H

Interesting you mentioned that. Once I let my mom borrow my LV 45 Keepall with strap for her vacation, and she ruined the patina with listerine! she never replaced it so, NO I definately would not lend anyone my chanels.:nogood:

Mom's get a pass on bag borrowing....didn't your mom offer to replace it?

ill let my mom, bro and my bff borrow it if they ask. but my mommy never asks cuz well..shes not into Chanel bags as much as i am. shes the kind of person that doesnt care about the brand or the price of the bag. if she loves the bag, she'll show it by using it everyday. for me, when i love the bag, ill baby it. LOL. my brother, well, hes never asked..the only time he used it was cuz he was teasing me about my handbag obsession and carried the Chanel flap around the house LOL and my bff Emily - shes very considerate and understands how much the Chanel bags means to me so I know she will take very good care of it.

I would rather lend money to my sisters, friends who want to borrow my Chanel bags. That way, they can too buy a Chanel bag they like and they don't have to bother me again.

I'd only let my mum borrow my bags (which means its a long term loan hehe)

However, she wanted to use my Black Modern Chain N/S tote, and as i'd haven't used it in a while i took it over to her. She didn't know the leather was meant to be distressed, and consequently started rubbing some sort of cleaning agent on my bag, right in front of me... I screamed hysterically at her "what are u doinggggg?????" :nuts:, and she quickly started to clean it off...

That was a few months ago, and while typing this, i'm starting to worry about my grey 05 227 reissue that she has too :P

PS: luckily nothing happened to my MC tote

I wouldt let strangers or people I don't know well borrow it, but if its someone in my family or a friend, of course I will. Things are just things, the people in your life are much more important. While I wouldn't like it if a bag got dirty or ruined, that is much more preferable than upsetting someone I care about.