Will I regret purchasing lambskin?

Tarat

Mar 19, 2016
I am very close to buying a pre-loved chevron jumbo in lambskin (the one with the fabric interior not leather). The chevron jumbo is my holy grail bag. I would prefer it in caviar just for the durability alone (also would prefer it with the leather interior). Will I regret getting this in lambskin? Will it look beat up in a years time? I've also been very close to getting the Saint Laurent large college bag. They are similar in size and style. I feel that I wouldn't have to worry about the SL getting damaged. Pre-owned Chanel vs the new College? Price is similar enough not to be a factor. Ugh! I'm so torn! Which to choose!

Reactions: Namwan-
Chanel lambskin is gorgeous, especially the vintage ones with their patina's developed. However, it does has a tendacy to show scuff easily compared to caviar. & if not stored properly, the puffiness would deflate as well.

If you wanted something that is handy, caviar would be give you a peace of mind. It will cost more, but its more durable & made the bag looks excellent condition longer. Why else the value is higher? However, though caviar is pretty durable, its not indestructible. You still can see scuffs/scratches if its deep. & leather wrinkles are possible too. All the best!

I bought a M/L in black lambskin, just because there's no caviar and I really really want one right away. I do try to baby it but still end up with marks and scuff, but I didn't regret it, it being so beautiful and pretty and all! You just gotta have a piece of lambskin Chanel (thou my next Chanel would def be a caviar). Hope that helps :smile:

Last edited:
You have concerns about it not being caviar, no leather interior and it getting easily damaged...with those worries, would suggest perhaps holding off the purchase and saving + looking for the caviar chevron jumbo? If you settle, suspect you will still wanna get your HG eventually :P

just be aware that if the jumbo has a fabric interior it's not a true chanel classic bag. it might be something seasonal you're looking at and won't retain as much value over time. bags with fabric interiors are also prone to sagging faster, in caviar or lamb, it makes no difference. so the leather might not be as much a concern as the fabric interior. because the jumbo is heavy the fabric makes it lighter but its not a true classic, and i personally wouldn't get it. if the collage is leather outside and leather inside you might be better off w/that one until your HG chanel comes along.

I am very close to buying a pre-loved chevron jumbo in lambskin (the one with the fabric interior not leather). The chevron jumbo is my holy grail bag. I would prefer it in caviar just for the durability alone (also would prefer it with the leather interior). Will I regret getting this in lambskin? Will it look beat up in a years time? I've also been very close to getting the Saint Laurent large college bag. They are similar in size and style. I feel that I wouldn't have to worry about the SL getting damaged. Pre-owned Chanel vs the new College? Price is similar enough not to be a factor. Ugh! I'm so torn! Which to choose!

If caviar is your dream chose than wait it out. I am a very big fan of caviar > lambskin. It is worry free. Never regretted my caviar choses.

just be aware that if the jumbo has a fabric interior it's not a true chanel classic bag. it might be something seasonal you're looking at and won't retain as much value over time. bags with fabric interiors are also prone to sagging faster, in caviar or lamb, it makes no difference. so the leather might not be as much a concern as the fabric interior. because the jumbo is heavy the fabric makes it lighter but its not a true classic, and i personally wouldn't get it. if the collage is leather outside and leather inside you might be better off w/that one until your HG chanel comes along.

Completely agree. The large saint laurent college is fabric interior too. It holds its shape pretty well. I own a classic jumbo and the large college, they are completely different bags.

If you can get only one, I would wait for the right classic Channel.

Completely agree. The large saint laurent college is fabric interior too. It holds its shape pretty well. I own a classic jumbo and the large college, they are completely different bags.

If you can get only one, I would wait for the right classic Channel.
Do you find the SL more casual? Do you use both as "everyday" type bags?

At this moment Chanel Boutiques and other multi-brand retailers (Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales) are selling chevron caviar jumbos in black, green, blue, orange/red. All with silver hardware. It is rare to have all these colors + in chevron caviar jumbo classic flaps available for purchase. Once these are sold-out, there is no guaranteed date when they will return. I bought my very 1st Chanel bag last year at the time, and it is a jumbo black chevron caviar leather classic flap with silver hardware and all-leather interior.[see below] It is my most favorite ❤️ Chanel handbag of all time (next to my recently purchased so-black jumbo classic flap :smile:).

If the jumbo chevron caviar leather classic flap is your HG bag, and since it "is" in-season, I strongly suggest you not settle for anything less. If you do, you may very well continue to strongly crave your HG bag, yet have lost money on the lesser handbag that you have settled for. In the Chanel hierarchy, it does not get much better than acquiring your first genuine, all-leather, M/L or Jumbo classic flap in the type of leather, color and hardware you are seeking.

There are a few alternative ways to "finance" your HG bag rather than incur the huge expense all at once. Personally, I have found the most lucrative purchase option to be: buying from Bergdorf Goodman (who will ship anywhere in the US), on a Neiman Marcus credit card that will incur Rewards Points (essentially money back in your pocket to buy clothing, etc or even more Chanel from BG or NM down the road; request "triple point" day). Sales tax will be zero if you live outside NY. And you can request a 6 month, zero interest payment plan; and pay $917 per month, over 6 months.

Not to mention, strong rumors have been circulating that the US will be having a price increase this year; and we have not had one since 2014. :nuts:

Lastly, if this is your very ✨1st✨ Chanel handbag, I encourage you to purchase caviar leather. I absolutely adore my lambskin classic flaps and SLGs, however, I felt I needed to experience a bit of a learning curve before I jumped right-in to buy my 1st lambskin classic flap.

I hope this is helpful. And I look forward to your acquiring your HG Chanel and sharing your experience with us. Feel free to ask as many questions as needed. Wishing you much success in your search and decision. :flowers:
final.jpg
[✨2016 Jumbo Black & Silver Chevron Caviar Leather Classic Flaps w/ SHW + matching Large Black Chevron Leather Shopping Tote✨]

Last edited:
At this moment Chanel Boutiques and other multi-brand retailers (Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales) are selling chevron caviar jumbos in black, green, blue, orange/red. All with silver hardware. It is rare to have all these colors + in chevron caviar jumbo classic flaps available for purchase. Once these are sold-out, there is no guaranteed date when they will return. I bought my very 1st Chanel bag last year at the time, and it is a jumbo black chevron caviar leather classic flap with silver hardware and all-leather interior.[see below] It is my most favorite [emoji173]️ Chanel handbag of all time (next to my recently purchased so-black jumbo classic flap :smile:).

If the jumbo chevron caviar leather classic flap is your HG bag, and since it "is" in-season, I strongly suggest you not settle for anything less. If you do, you may very well continue to strongly crave your HG bag, yet have lost money on the lesser handbag that you have settled for. In the Chanel hierarchy, it does not get much better than acquiring your first genuine, all-leather, M/L or Jumbo classic flap in the type of leather, color and hardware you are seeking.

There are a few alternative ways to "finance" your HG bag rather than incur the huge expense all at once. Personally, I have found the most lucrative purchase option to be: buying from Bergdorf Goodman (who will ship anywhere in the US), on a Neiman Marcus credit card that will incur Rewards Points (essentially money back in your pocket to buy clothing, etc or even more Chanel from BG or NM down the road; request "triple point" day). Sales tax will be zero if you live outside NY. And you can request a 6 month, zero interest payment plan; and pay $917 per month, over 6 months.

Not to mention, strong rumors have been circulating that the US will be having a price increase this year; and we have not had one since 2014. :nuts:

Lastly, if this is your very [emoji92]1st[emoji92] Chanel handbag, I encourage you to purchase caviar leather. I absolutely adore my lambskin classic flaps and SLGs, however, I felt I needed to experience a bit of a learning curve before I jumped right-in to buy my 1st lambskin classic flap.

I hope this is helpful. And I look forward to your acquiring your HG Chanel and sharing your experience with us. Feel free to ask as many questions as needed. Wishing you much success in your search and decision. :flowers:
View attachment 3699443
[[emoji92]2016 Jumbo Black & Silver Chevron Caviar Leather Classic Flaps w/ SHW + matching Large Black Chevron Leather Shopping Tote[emoji92]]

Great advice! I did not realize that you could use a Neiman's card at BG and it would be tax free if out of NY state [emoji4]

Do you find the SL more casual? Do you use both as "everyday" type bags?
I use both as day bag. The SL is not as structured as the jumbo, so perhaps more casual. I tried to reason not to get the SL but I just loved the look of the bag too much and ultimately, it's a different bag so I got it and I'm glad I did.