Will I regret purchasing lambskin?

At this moment Chanel Boutiques and other multi-brand retailers (Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales) are selling chevron caviar jumbos in black, green, blue, orange/red. All with silver hardware. It is rare to have all these colors + in chevron caviar jumbo classic flaps available for purchase. Once these are sold-out, there is no guaranteed date when they will return. I bought my very 1st Chanel bag last year at the time, and it is a jumbo black chevron caviar leather classic flap with silver hardware and all-leather interior.[see below] It is my most favorite [emoji173]️ Chanel handbag of all time (next to my recently purchased so-black jumbo classic flap :smile:).

If the jumbo chevron caviar leather classic flap is your HG bag, and since it "is" in-season, I strongly suggest you not settle for anything less. If you do, you may very well continue to strongly crave your HG bag, yet have lost money on the lesser handbag that you have settled for. In the Chanel hierarchy, it does not get much better than acquiring your first genuine, all-leather, M/L or Jumbo classic flap in the type of leather, color and hardware you are seeking.

There are a few alternative ways to "finance" your HG bag rather than incur the huge expense all at once. Personally, I have found the most lucrative purchase option to be: buying from Bergdorf Goodman (who will ship anywhere in the US), on a Neiman Marcus credit card that will incur Rewards Points (essentially money back in your pocket to buy clothing, etc or even more Chanel from BG or NM down the road; request "triple point" day). Sales tax will be zero if you live outside NY. And you can request a 6 month, zero interest payment plan; and pay $917 per month, over 6 months.

Not to mention, strong rumors have been circulating that the US will be having a price increase this year; and we have not had one since 2014. :nuts:

Lastly, if this is your very [emoji92]1st[emoji92] Chanel handbag, I encourage you to purchase caviar leather. I absolutely adore my lambskin classic flaps and SLGs, however, I felt I needed to experience a bit of a learning curve before I jumped right-in to buy my 1st lambskin classic flap.

I hope this is helpful. And I look forward to your acquiring your HG Chanel and sharing your experience with us. Feel free to ask as many questions as needed. Wishing you much success in your search and decision. :flowers:
View attachment 3699443
[[emoji92]2016 Jumbo Black & Silver Chevron Caviar Leather Classic Flaps w/ SHW + matching Large Black Chevron Leather Shopping Tote[emoji92]]

Twinsies on the silver jumbo! Love mine to pieces! [emoji179]

Reactions: Plumeria233
At this moment Chanel Boutiques and other multi-brand retailers (Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales) are selling chevron caviar jumbos in black, green, blue, orange/red. All with silver hardware. It is rare to have all these colors + in chevron caviar jumbo classic flaps available for purchase. Once these are sold-out, there is no guaranteed date when they will return. I bought my very 1st Chanel bag last year at the time, and it is a jumbo black chevron caviar leather classic flap with silver hardware and all-leather interior.[see below] It is my most favorite ❤️ Chanel handbag of all time (next to my recently purchased so-black jumbo classic flap :smile:).

If the jumbo chevron caviar leather classic flap is your HG bag, and since it "is" in-season, I strongly suggest you not settle for anything less. If you do, you may very well continue to strongly crave your HG bag, yet have lost money on the lesser handbag that you have settled for. In the Chanel hierarchy, it does not get much better than acquiring your first genuine, all-leather, M/L or Jumbo classic flap in the type of leather, color and hardware you are seeking.

There are a few alternative ways to "finance" your HG bag rather than incur the huge expense all at once. Personally, I have found the most lucrative purchase option to be: buying from Bergdorf Goodman (who will ship anywhere in the US), on a Neiman Marcus credit card that will incur Rewards Points (essentially money back in your pocket to buy clothing, etc or even more Chanel from BG or NM down the road; request "triple point" day). Sales tax will be zero if you live outside NY. And you can request a 6 month, zero interest payment plan; and pay $917 per month, over 6 months.

Not to mention, strong rumors have been circulating that the US will be having a price increase this year; and we have not had one since 2014. :nuts:

Lastly, if this is your very ✨1st✨ Chanel handbag, I encourage you to purchase caviar leather. I absolutely adore my lambskin classic flaps and SLGs, however, I felt I needed to experience a bit of a learning curve before I jumped right-in to buy my 1st lambskin classic flap.

I hope this is helpful. And I look forward to your acquiring your HG Chanel and sharing your experience with us. Feel free to ask as many questions as needed. Wishing you much success in your search and decision. :flowers:
View attachment 3699443
[✨2016 Jumbo Black & Silver Chevron Caviar Leather Classic Flaps w/ SHW + matching Large Black Chevron Leather Shopping Tote✨]
Omg! Your bags are too die for!! Awesome collection!!
That's really good advice you gave- thank you. I didn't realize Chanel was included in points. It makes the most sense to buy where you can earn money back. I will look into that for sure!

I am very close to buying a pre-loved chevron jumbo in lambskin (the one with the fabric interior not leather). The chevron jumbo is my holy grail bag. I would prefer it in caviar just for the durability alone (also would prefer it with the leather interior). Will I regret getting this in lambskin? Will it look beat up in a years time? I've also been very close to getting the Saint Laurent large college bag. They are similar in size and style. I feel that I wouldn't have to worry about the SL getting damaged. Pre-owned Chanel vs the new College? Price is similar enough not to be a factor. Ugh! I'm so torn! Which to choose!

Hi! About 3 weeks ago, the Houston Neiman Marcus store had a Jumbo Caviar in Chevron black with SHW. Just FYI

That would be only for BG, if you have a NM in your state you'll be charged tax.
Perhaps I am missing something? :confused1: I am a bit confused by your comment dear NANI1972.

I have multiple Neiman Marcus Department stores in my home state of California. I purchase almost all of my Chanel merchandise from Bergdorf Goodman in NYC using my NM credit card. I never pay sales tax buying merchandise from BG. I can accumulate "up-to" triple Rewards Points on all purchases at BG. In turn I receive gift cards in the mail to purchase clothing, Chanel handbags, etc. I also receive Perks Points cards that offer NM gift cards to purchase food and beverages from all of NM dining locations, plus toward alterations, etc.

Perhaps you meant sales tax is charged at all Neiman Marcus stores? I believe that is true with the exception of one or two states that do not have Neiman Marcus Department Stores (Pennsylvania?)

Reactions: UpTime
Perhaps I am missing something? :confused1: I am a bit confused by your comment dear NANI1972.

I have multiple Neiman Marcus Department stores in my home state of California. I purchase almost all of my Chanel merchandise from Bergdorf Goodman in NYC using my NM credit card. I never pay sales tax buying merchandise from BG. I can accumulate "up-to" triple Rewards Points on all purchases at BG. In turn I receive gift cards in the mail to purchase clothing, Chanel handbags, etc. I also receive Perks Points cards that offer NM gift cards to purchase food and beverages from all of NM dining locations, plus toward alterations, etc.

Perhaps you meant sales tax is charged at all Neiman Marcus stores? I believe that is true with the exception of one or two states that do not have Neiman Marcus Department Stores (Pennsylvania?)

Yes I meant tax at NM stores, but I read her quote wrong anyway.

May I add? There are 5 states no sales tax Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon