Will a Birkin 35cm suffice for a 2-day trip?

Oh I forgot: I also use the product/containers of testers that I get in beauty shops. And I use the little tester things for perfume!
I'll take a pic for you tomorrow!

This is from the TSA Website:

3-1-1 for carry-ons = 3 ounce bottle or less (by volume) ; 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag; 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin. One-quart bag per person limits the total liquid volume each traveler can bring. 3 oz. container size is a security measure.
Consolidate bottles into one bag and X-ray separately to speed screening.

Here's the link: http://www.tsa.gov/311/index.shtm

These rules apply for domestic and international travel. I needed to look up this info anyway b/c I'm travelling next month. HTH

I will bring another small luggage to put all those things in and use the Birkin 35 as a handbag. Do remember to bring its sleeper bag. The airport staff might just push your bag around for the X-ray scan.

I agree with the others and would not try to put all that in a 35 Birkin even though you probably could.
I am the ultimate packer...I spend days before a trip, making a list, paring it down and paring again to the bare minimum...something very rewarding about this process and I like the anticipation of the trip. The exception is shoes. I bring way too many but usually wear them all.

I'll be heading to Singapore next friday nite (joining my DH as he's going to have a business meeting there) and back home on Sunday morning. Am thinking whether I should take my BJ 35cm Birkin abroad (none of my H bags have ever travelled). Do you think it's enough to put:

1 small wash bag
1 thin clutch for dinner
1 thin jersey dress + leggings (to change the look for night time)
1 set of undergarment & night gown
1 set of swimwear (or should I abandon the idea of swimming?)
1 pair of flip flops for pool / spa

Coz this time I'm not taking the kids along so perhaps I can try to travel with style, please help me decide! Thank you all tPFers!

Since you are going with DH and leaving the kids behind, you can probably leave the night gown behind too!:graucho: Just trying to help you pack light... :yes:

Thanks for the valuable tips from all of you. :wtf: I almost forgot about the "small bottles" requirement as I always check in everything when I go with the kids. The idea of the Longchamp Pliage is great too.

Here's my plan:

Fri nite: get on the plane. Arrive and have dinner with DH, colleagues and/or spouses
Sat morning: spa at hotel (alone), shopping (alone), lunch with DH
Sat afternoon: shopping (alone?)
Sat nite: dinner with DH, colleagues and/or spouses
Sun morning: go home

You can see shopping is a big part on my itinerary :graucho: But is it worth to take Birkin along now? Is the bag size and weight convenient for an all-day shopping?

You can see shopping is a big part on my itinerary :graucho: But is it worth to take Birkin along now? Is the bag size and weight convenient for an all-day shopping?

well for me the birkin 35 is the perfect shopping tote BUT to some it gets heavy. are you used to carry her around long times? if yes definately bring her along.
about the trip i agree withthe others check some luggage in or take a trolley on board + brikin (so you can also take more outfits with you and shoes)

LuvBirkin - you certainly could do it - but I'm not sure why you need to? Is it just to avoid waiting for checked luggage? I hate to check bags unless necessary but depending on the airline you should still be able to take another piece of carry-on. A small wheeled case (within airline regs) or a garment bag would be great here just to take one more outfit and some great heels to impress the DH :graucho:

But absolutely take your lovely Birkin and enjoy your trip!!

LuvBirkin, definitely bring a cabin sized pull-on luggage, it doesn't matter if you don't fill it as you will need the space to pack your shopping, Singapore is a fabulous place to shop, without kids along you will have a great time & you will need the luggage space. Also you can rest your birkin on top of the pull-on luggage & that is more comfortable at the airport as you wait & shop some more. The birkin in a pliage is a great idea, I always fold my pliage in the birkin & whip it out & use just before xray machines & board the plane.Have a great time!

wow! you sure travel light!!! that is amazing!! i think you'd prob be able to pull it off with a 40cm as a travel bag, but not so sure about the 35cm. perhaps do bring an additional carryon bag, especially if the airline allows it so why not.