Why?

To be honest that’s the question I ask myself a lot when I see many of the latest Coach designs. What audience are they trying to cater to nowadays with all those Disney/dinosaur/flowersallover designs? Teenagers? I wanted to buy a small Dylan for my father, but the one in dark brown glovedtanned leather was unfortunately sold out. What they have instead now is a white one with a prominent “Coach” logotype on and one with Dumbo! Seriously?!

To be honest that’s the question I ask myself a lot when I see many of the latest Coach designs. What audience are they trying to cater to nowadays with all those Disney/dinosaur/flowersallover designs? Teenagers? I wanted to buy a small Dylan for my father, but the one in dark brown glovedtanned leather was unfortunately sold out. What they have instead now is a white one with a prominent “Coach” logotype on and one with Dumbo! Seriously?!
Your dad wouldn’t like dumbo? I know the designs now are not for me...

Reactions: karman
I so agree. All the embellishments and cartoon themed bags are really tacky imo.

These are new at Saks? I know everyone likes different things, but really.... The 2nd one reminds me of eggs.

View attachment 4381226 View attachment 4381225

I'm pretty sure these were from the Shangai release. Coach had three artists create a design for the bags. Not my taste either but maybe their appeal is a bit stronger in that market where the artists are known?

I feel like these more embellished/print bags are not the majority; as in, there are still way more boring bags available from Coach to cater to those not impressed by the more cartoonish stuff. In saying this, I like the more boring designs generally (as in more simplistic designs), and don't like any of the Disney stuff, either, or much of the printed designs. However, my favorite collection from Coach has been the dinosaurs, which some might have considered juvenile, but I'm sure crazier things have made more money for other brands haha. That being said, I do dislike both of the bags posted by op, though. The first one looks like something I'd see in a text message. The second one looks like carnivorous little Cs, but I can see people liking the spin on the logo.

I feel like these more embellished/print bags are not the majority; as in, there are still way more boring bags available from Coach to cater to those not impressed by the more cartoonish stuff. In saying this, I like the more boring designs generally (as in more simplistic designs), and don't like any of the Disney stuff, either, or much of the printed designs. However, my favorite collection from Coach has been the dinosaurs, which some might have considered juvenile, but I'm sure crazier things have made more money for other brands haha. That being said, I do dislike both of the bags posted by op, though. The first one looks like something I'd see in a text message. The second one looks like carnivorous little Cs, but I can see people liking the spin on the logo.

After your comment, I can’t un-see a Venus fly trap from the second bag’s design.

One thing is for sure is that if Coach wasn’t able to sell such merchandise they wouldn’t be creating similar designs season after season. Thankfully there are some more subdued designs each season so there’s a bit for everyone.

Reactions: LaVisioneer
After your comment, I can’t un-see a Venus fly trap from the second bag’s design.

One thing is for sure is that if Coach wasn’t able to sell such merchandise they wouldn’t be creating similar designs season after season. Thankfully there are some more subdued designs each season so there’s a bit for everyone.

I thought they looked like teeth, but didn't think of Venus fly traps! I like that image much more as I used to have a Venus fly trap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Christofle
I really dislike most of the embellishments Coach has come up with.

I liked the tattoo collection but not enough to actually buy anything. I liked the first generation of tearoses that were like flat/embossed (like on the swaggers), but not the new 3D ones that everyone else seems to love.

But I think most of these things are based on how Coach can make the most $, so if people keep buying they keep making more of the same.

Sadly I felt the same about the vast majority of the Keith Haring items, which is a shame as his work represented important things.

I wish Coach would spend more time on making bags in a better selection of colors and improving their designs instead of the embellishments, but hey at least it's good for my wallet :biggrin: