Why you shouldn't use a cheap tattoo artist LOL

The angle of the face and hair is awful. It looks like she is wearing a wig and it's slipping. The common lines accentuating male features are present all over her neck and face, she looks like she's on steroids. The teeth should have been highlighted in white, and the black outline is too thick. This was intentional, the tattoo artist knew what he was doing...there were too many "mistakes".

^^ Maybe he bumped off his wife or didn't like her - that might be why he made the tattoo look like a zombie pirate in drag... Although the outlines of the muscles/tendons might be that the tattoo artist has never drawn faces before and tried to copy the picture and make it look realistic, I know when I used to try and draw faces I put in those funny neck lines - when actually drawn heavily they look awful - as in the pic.

^^ that's what I was thinking maybe he's showing the tattoo off as a good thing if that's the case I hope he doesn't find this thread with a bunch of people saying how bad the symbol of his wifes memory is KWIM

^^ Our comments about the tattoo are postively tame compared to what people are saying in the numerous other forums and blogs on the internet and even the original picture thread on Flickr- I won't detail them here as many contain numerous expletives.

Another theory I found about it is that he just got a tattoo of his wife but since it turned out looking like a zombie he decided to have "In loving memory" written above.

Well, maybe he is very happy with the tattoo.
If not, I would hate to tell him how painful & expensive getting one removed is. I've been in that process for over a year.

Usually, before it's put on, doesn't the artist usually sketch a drawing? I just find it hard to believe someone would hire someone to tattoo them not look at their work in any then complain about thw job. It's not good, but it's his own fault.