Why, Why, Why?? Drives me NUTS!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! I think Balenciaga and NM must be reading this post on the PF!!!! I was in NM yesterday and was suddenly approached by this Balenciaga SA!!! :nuts:

As he approached, he asked me if I wanted to see his "Giant Work"? :confused1: Oh my heavens no!!! I have my daughter with me!! :nuts: I was about to call security when I realized he must be talking bag/hardware, whew!! :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop:

attachment.php

:roflmfao: He's probably only brandishing a mini-Twiggy and a couple of coin purses!

This thread is really funny. BalNY does look like a BatCave, but I have a theory on why it was designed like that (not the aesthetics, but the functionality).

In the space they have lots of clothes out which they want to sell and very few bags which sell without trying. Back just a few years ago, in '04 or '05 they had some seasonal bags out on display and just a few black classiques and whatnot in the back room.

They truly didn't need a big spread to display the bags because they always sold out...and fast...usually before the bags arrived. And the SAs would show you the swatches and offer to put you on the wait list or pre-order for the next season bags and colors. It was your only choice back then...lots of waiting unless you were in the know or something.

Now that production is much higher they can't really stuff all the bags into the display areas or it would be really hard to see anything in the clutter. Plus you know you want one of the fresh bags from the back...not some manhandled display model.

Balenciaga has and always will run its business differently than Chanel. Cristobal Balenciaga wasn't just Nick G's inspiration - he was also a kind of business guru.

It could easily be stated that Balenciaga, more than any other human in the 20th century, knew how to run a leather boutique. His legacy lives on today in the typical corporate practices.

If you read the business news, there are occasional updates about the why, where and wherefore of all this. Balenciaga doesn't want to expand into department stores is the upshot. They have other plans.