Why RM doesn't make the tag unattachable once it's cut

I think retailers do this also. I received a Mattie from bloomies that had clearly been used (it had prominent nail scratches) and all the tassels and all tags were just shoved in the inside pocket. Even the tag w/ the chain was on the inside.
With ebay it is truly hard to tell with some bags. I always check feedback carefully and try to examine the bag as close as I can. I won't buy a bag if there are only small pics posted and they won't send more, unless I know the seller.

A bag being from a few seasons ago but labeled as "new with tags", though, might very well be completely unused. Before I got better about being very picky before I bought, I would buy bags, think I loved them, and then never use it - and I'm talking, sitting in the closet for more than a year unused. Completely stupid, I know, but when I went to list those bags, they had been stored carefully, tags never taken off, and were completely unused. So while some cases may be stretching the truth, some of those bags are most definitely unused.

ITA - I have some bags purchased in December that I have never used and have been carefully stored. Some bags are ones that I think are too pretty / delicate to use and others just haven't made it into rotation.

That bugs me about RM tags too. Yes there are scammers out there but this makes it too easy to use the bag and reattach the tags and pretend it's new.

I always chuckle when someone puts NWOT in their auction title on ebay and then in the body of their auction they state they used the bag once. Um, I'm sorry but if you have used the bag, it is not NWOT.

I'm another person who has older bags still sitting in the closet with the tags attached. I really need to try get rid of them but not only am I scared of buying expensive stuff on ebay, I'm also nervous about selling b/c of all the scammers out there.

i agree as well. i have thought that it was odd that the tag is so easy to attach, makes ebay sellers able to exagerrate on newness a bit if they feel the need...

IMO, RM bags break in very easily. This is one of the details we love so much about her bags. I think it is very easy to tell if a new RM bag has been used even once or twice. Not referring to shelf wear from a retailer (scratches, scuffs) but from how the body responds to having weight from what you're carrying put in it.
I had this experience when I purchased a BBW from a banned seller. I noticed the dip in the base. I questioned her about it and she told me it came from the retailer like that. I don't mind the effect from having been carried at least a handful of times but when you are buying and paying for new that is what you should get!