Why is this Wrong?

I dont think he meant "gay" as him liking men. Idk why he wouldnt want to bring them, if I gave my bf fresh baked good to bring over to watch the game honestly I dont think he would really bring them. Cookies arent really football foods for him and his friends.

I could understand a man feeling uncomfortable if HE brought cookies - as in, "I baked all afternoon and wanted to bring you these!" Some men might not feel baking is a "masculine" enough activity (which is foolish, but still a common bias).

But a man bringing baked goods saying, "Hey, my wife made these and wanted me to bring them over" is entirely appropriate.

Then anything sweet isn't game food. I know DH will identify brats and beer with a packer game so he may want something specific, but not because a food isnt considered macho. And if he knew I took the time to make something for a get together, even if it wasn't his choice of food to take for whatever reason, he would anyway....even if it meant stopping by the store to get more munchies.

I have to say, my boyfriend brings all types of food when he goes over to a friends house. The more the merrier! There is absolutely nothing wrong with bringing some baked goods to another guys house. After all, guys will eat everything IMO. =)

Now I want backed cookies! Yummy :drool:

I see people use the gay term a lot to refer to stuff they think is girly, I don’t think it is always used as an insult or as a homophobic expression. Still I think people should stop using that word in a pejorative way.

Anyway, I am sure he will change his mind after he asks his friends ;)

Some men are just funny about these things! I always offer to send some cookies or muffins along with my boyfriend to his office but he always says he thinks that "would be weird." But I dated a guy who loved it when I sent goodies with him to his office!

ok personally I think it would be fine and a sweet gesture most men wouldnt turn down, its just a guess from a mans perspective it may seem girly to offer baked goods. I asked my husband and he agrees with the OP's Husband he feels it would be girly and would not work with a manly ufc fight. however my daughters boyfriend is an MMA and UFC fighter I will ask him and let you know what a real fighter says!

I always send my BF to work/friends' houses with baked goods, and he has certainly become a popular one to invite to parties:smile:

I have a friend who hates when people say something is "gay" as a synonym for "stupid". I absolutely can't stand hearing that, and my ex used to say it all the time (just one of the many, many reasons he is now my ex). I started using my friend's little trick, and broke him of the habit in no time. Every time my friend heard someone say that, she'd ask, "oh, so bringing cookies to Mike's house is like 2 guys having sex? I don't get it." Yeah, that's a politically incorrect thing to say too, but it works!:smile:

I don't think I've ever dated anyone who would not bring the cookies. I mean, really, what's the issue? If he's not gay and visiting people who know him, then why is he concerned about bringing some backed goods? IMO, it kind of shows an insecurity about his sexuality.

I dont know about other guys, but my SO would be happy to take over some cookies (or any other food, for that matter) for the guys to munch on. He would take it over and say something like "Val made cookies!" and all the guys would devour them, I can picture the entire event in my head lmao.
That is hilarious! ^ I haven't the slightest idea why that would be wrong.
Is your dh young (around mid-20's)? If I made cookies they would never make it to their destination. Dh has a nasty sweettooth:faint:

Hmmm I think my dh's friends have eaten my cookies while watching a UFC fight. lol I didn't bake them for it specifically, but they were there and being eaten. *nods