Why is the vachetta so "new" looking?

Either it's fake and the handles are vinyl instead of real vachetta, so they'll never patina, or yeah...the handles just don't get that much wear!

They might not be brand new...maybe just not used that often? Either due to LV being more of a high-end bag or ladies have many different bags that they rotate between.
When you say "never patina" is there such vachetta leather that never patina?

my collection ranges...my mono pochette is REALLY dark (it's 8 years old) - my friend and I were just discussing yesterday how I used it into the ground (poor bag), however my other, newer bags that I use more gently are much lighter.

I've been seeing some real LVs lately with gorgeous patina! I can't wait until mine get darker. I pointed out a lady carrying a Cabas Piano with lovely patina to DBF to show him what mine will look like after a lot of use. He thought it was nice too.

No patina? Well, my Speedy 35 didn't really show much patina until last fall when I carried her for a month straight. This is a bag that I got in Feb. 04'. She didn't patina much until last fall b/c I rotated bags so much. She wasn't start white but she also didn't have a tan.