Why is one never enough?

You might say that "to much is never enough" in my case. I´m turning in to a total Mulberry-junkie. Since may 2007 I´ve bought over 10 bags, all second hand, and I´m still bying :hysteric:. It´s scares me a bit. I´m so glad I found this site....it´s nice to meet other junkies:rolleyes:.

Ditab - I know where you're coming from. It's a rare feeling - satisfaction - so enjoy it while it lasts!
It's happened to me a couple of times in the past and I'm in one of those phases now since getting pink Martha & Hanover. They meet my current needs and there is nothing else I want.
I can quite happily look at bags and not feel that obsessive pull to have to have one.
Every Jan I get the guilts about the spend-fest that has just happened and resolve to be more parsimonious! It usually lasts until about Jan 15.

I got my first Mulverry just before Christmas, and the beauty and quality of it is just so amazing that it made me want to own more. So I bought another bag in the sales.....but, completely different from my first bag, and that I'll use in different situations - the E/W Bayswater is an everyday bag, but the Belle is something I'll use occasionally for going out where I need a smart bag but don't need to take all my junk with me.

I yet feel the need to buy another one, though I'm loving the Mabel and am hoping that they'll be in the sale at some point in the future. I've wanted a Blenheim in a light colour (preferably aqua or pink) ever since they came out, so if I see one of those at Cheshire Oaks I could be very tempted!

Thanks Sara so nice to know i´m not alone with this addiction. I wounder if they spray the bags with something at the factory, so when you put your nose in it to feel the nice smell of leather you also get this cemical that makes you addicted. Just a thought:graucho:. I do have to slow down a bit now.....but it´s hard:nuts:. What I do miss in my collection is a Martha, but she can wait for a while....maybe. We´ll see.

Since Effie came I was absolutely happy... ´til I saw Griddlebone´s oak Ledbury!!! Well, there was a few peaceful days at least!

Someone here said that the planning and hunt for it was big part of the fun. I totally agree with that!!! And that satisfied feeling would have make me worry if lasted for long:P!

I'm happy for the moment with my collection . I like the Effie but can't justify it really because I need to use my oak Annie more! No more bag buying until May and even then I'm contemplating a wallet rather than a bag!!!!

Mmmm,I think come the meet I'll be looking to spend only a bit too,maybe a cockroach keyring?? After all,its all about meeting everyone else for me,the shoppings a bit secondary!!

Member​

icon1.gif
Re: I am really really really on a bag ban !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aine1313
Tara, I have totally lost count of the number of bags you have. Please remind me. Well done on Annie:yahoo:

I`ve only got 3 Mulberries - but I`ve bought all 3 since the middle of october :angel:

Actually forgot one make that 4 .
Last edited by taraholmes : Jan 5th, 2008 at 12:28 PM.

I might just stick this on the end of every thread!!!!!

Oh lord, they're off again and it's not even midday yet!
Chaz - I decided against having my ring re-set so that's £360 I've saved which = £360 towards a new bag!!!