Jimmy Choo Why does no one nibble at my JChoo bag?

Thanks everyone these are great points and suggestions. The bag is a striped eel Carolina clutch. It can be worn day or evening, but it is a specialty bag and it is a dress bag, but it would be great for someone who has a lot of formal events to go to (which is one of the reasons DH got it for me since I'll be a marriage officiant soon). But...the money for the bag is too much for me!

Thanks everyone these are great points and suggestions. The bag is a striped eel Carolina clutch. It can be worn day or evening, but it is a specialty bag and it is a dress bag, but it would be great for someone who has a lot of formal events to go to (which is one of the reasons DH got it for me since I'll be a marriage officiant soon). But...the money for the bag is too much for me!

Gosh bbb - are you willing to lose 1/2? :sad: Why don't you keep it and see if you can write it off as a business expense (professional wardrobe?) :graucho:

Gosh bbb - are you willing to lose 1/2? :sad: Why don't you keep it and see if you can write it off as a business expense (professional wardrobe?) :graucho:

I know... but I figure, if I never use it, it's money going to waste! I guess if it doesn't sell (I don't think I'll lower the price as I haven't seen this one on a sale yet) I'll feel better about using it as I TRIED to sell it.

Well, that's a good question. The bag has a tag of $1895 (I think.... not looking it up right now). Does that mean she lists (like I did) for let's say $1000 and then I get 60 percent of the first $500 and then 75 % of the last $500, which gives me $675 AND I still pay paypal fees... I just don't think that's a good deal for a $1895 bag.

Well, that's a good question. The bag has a tag of $1895 (I think.... not looking it up right now). Does that mean she lists (like I did) for let's say $1000 and then I get 60 percent of the first $500 and then 75 % of the last $500, which gives me $675 AND I still pay paypal fees... I just don't think that's a good deal for a $1895 bag.

She lists pretty close to retail value if the bag is like new. The fees are 60% off the first $1,000. Over $1,000, the fees change. I have found that people are willing to pay closer to retail with her than with ebay because of her reputation for selling only authentic goods and the lawaway.

I would hold onto the bag for now. I am pretty sure I saw this bag somewhere recently for 50% off. There have been so many sales I can't remember where.

I think if you are lucky, you may get 50% of the value, but I really doubt it. JC bags don't hold their value well. That's why I only own one and really enjoy it :smile: I won't be buying another one even with all these sweet deals on JC.com and the stores.

Which once again begs the question...or not really a question but a statement from moi'. :supacool:

My thought is that you buy a bag because you looove it. NOT because 5 minutes after you buy it you want to resell it with the tags still attached and recoup not only your original price but a profit (go ahead, bring it on....I'm cranky!). :boxing:

If you're looking for an investment? Hmmm....I'd suggest something other than handbags. :rant:

Which once again begs the question...or not really a question but a statement from moi'. :supacool:

My thought is that you buy a bag because you looove it. NOT because 5 minutes after you buy it you want to resell it with the tags still attached and recoup not only your original price but a profit (go ahead, bring it on....I'm cranky!). :boxing:

If you're looking for an investment? Hmmm....I'd suggest something other than handbags. :rant:

Whoa, watch out, it is after midnight, lol!

I saw this bag on sale online for 60% off a few days ago.

I also saw 1 at NM for nearly 75% off.

Both were new & included receipts.

Since your husband bought it for you, he thought you deserved it!
Keep it, enjoy it and forget the original cost.

I also think you should just keep the bag, 50% is a lot of money to lose. Also, I don't really see a Jimmy Choo market on ebay.

When I don't like a bag anymore, I just give it to my mom. To me it is not worth to sell my barely used bag for less than 50% of what I paid for. Plus my mom loves getting the bags.

This is why my DH is not allowed to buy presents. Ever.
He tried jewelry once and isn't allowed to venture out with a credit card and a giving thought in his head ever again. I liked what he bought, but I probably would have never wasted the money on it myself since as a SAHW I'm not that prone to wearing jewels! lol

I know it takes some romance out of the relationship but my idea of a good present is him bringing home a bag of burgers from the Dollar Menu at McDonalds.
He KNOWS just what I like from there! :graucho::graucho: hehehe

Bags...? No way! LOL

Good luck with your sale but if you are worried about original value, I'd definitely just keep it. Now if liking it is an issue, then sell it and dont look back or worry about original retail.