why do my eyes burn with every make up remover I use?

I had the same problem until I found Albolene. Used it for years until I switched to Body Jelly by Carol's Daughter .

It also irritated me that make up remover always comes in a tiny bottle and it's something we need everyday. So the Albolene & Body Jelly is perfect for me. You get a WHOLE lot for little $$$.

Kiehl's makes a "supremely gentle" eye makeup remover. I've been meaning to try the sample that I've got but I haven't done so yet, so I don't know how gentle it really is. However, Kiehl's is great about giving out samples, so it might be worth trying!
I totally second this!!
I have slightly sensitive skin (retin a user) and contact lenses as well. But this stuff doesn't sting or hurt skin. I've also frequently gotten it in my eyes, and it doesn't burn--it just makes your vision a little cloudy for a few moments as it is an opaque liquid. If you have heavy eye make up on or waterproof makeup, just put some on a cotton pad, hold it against the eye for a few moments, then it melts right off. I am in love with this, it works beautifully and is beyond gentle.

i'm bumping my own thread because my eyes are burning again, this time its my lids, idk what's going on. i've been using alcohol free removers too. i haven't had time to try kielh's yet

How do you remove your eye make up? I ask because I'm wondering if you're being too rough. I use a q-tip soaked with make up remover (I use Neutrogena), and then I use another q-tip to remove the excess oil. I only lightly dab and never try to pull the skin around my eyes. This method helps prevent the remover from getting into my eye.

My eye burns easily too, but I've been using the sample sized makeupforever sens' eyes cleanser. I rub it all over my eye and have not had any type of irritation or burning from it. Plus it's not greasy which I really like and there's no alcohol in it, maybe that's why.

I came into this thread ONLY to say the exact thing you did! EVERYTHING else hurt! And sephoras own brand was the very worst over even drugstore brands. MUFE is all I will ever again use. My little sample bottle is almost done and I have a full size backup ready and waiting.

I have sensitive eyes that would get red & puffy with many eye makeup removers & some eye makeup. I also found that using "rough" or scratchy cotton pads also irritated my eyes.

Now, I stick to Chanel's Gentle Biphase Eye Makeup Remover (Démaquillant Yeux Intense) & Shiseido Facial Cotton squares. It removes everything including waterproof mascara very well.

Remember to gently apply the cotton pad to your lids & don't rub. You should just need to just barely move the square a little in one direction to dislodge anything stubborn. Follow up with a good facial cleanser & you should be set :smile:

like the cooking oil? if so I will try tomorrow night.I just can't stand the smell :sad:it's possible that I am rubbing to hard but I notice whn I leave the pad on my eyes for 20 seconds. the mu remover irritates my eyes. my eyes are very sensitive and I do wear contacts.

krazydaisy, try Physicians Formula Eye Makeup Remover Lotion. http://www.amazon.com/Physicians-Formula-Eye-Makeup-Remover/dp/B000W9KTMI it's hypoallergenic, fragrance free and non-irritating. I find that liquid/oil removers do burn my eyes sometimes, so I switched to this, and it's a lot better. Put a generous amount on a cotton ball and rub gently, the makeup should come off very easily and not irritate your eyes at all. It's sold at drugstores, target, walmart, etc and it's about $5-$6.