why do my eyes burn with every make up remover I use?

I've had problems with eye makeup remover in the past, I have sensitive eyes so it must just be a certain ingredient.

Maybe you can try get samples from some brands, let them know you have sensitive eyes and want to test it to see if you have any reaction.

thank you, I will try to get some samples of make up removers. I know Sephora gives samples. Anywhere else? t

Do you wash your face and eye area right away after using eye makeup remover? I use Almay eye makeup remover pads, and then immediately wash with Neutrogena Foaming cleanser. For me, this combo is the least irritating of everything I've tried, including all the high-end products.

I would remove my make up and then jump in the shower and wash it with soap. whenever I get out, I wash it again, doing daily/nightly routines.

ever tried a oil-based remover? shu uemura has that fantastic cleansing oil which removes eye make-up too. . . I'm not sure but I read somewhere that it will be discontinued, but i'm sure they will introduce a better version of it as it is one of the popular SU products...

I have never tried oil removers. I will check out Shu Uemura, thank you

There are some eye make-up removers out there that sting my eyes like crazy - one very well known brand was like wiping my eyes with nail polish remover. Really bad.

Have been very pleased with Gatineau Floracil for eyes. Comes in a 250ml plastic bottle, lasts for ages, contains no alcohol and doesn't sting.

Kiehl's makes a "supremely gentle" eye makeup remover. I've been meaning to try the sample that I've got but I haven't done so yet, so I don't know how gentle it really is. However, Kiehl's is great about giving out samples, so it might be worth trying!

My personal faves are the Sephora brand (it's a blue liquid in a clear bottle with a black cap) and Clinique's Take the Day Off.

Or you can do the cheapo cold cream route. When i have stubborn eye makeup i rub a little Nivea on my lids and lashes and then tissue off. No irritation and makeup is all gone.