Why am I so affraid of color?

My next purchase will probably be a white bag that I won't be able to wear until spring rolls around again but the whole lack of color in my wardrobe is really bugging me.

Why can't you wear a white bag until spring...? I don't know if there are particular "fashion rules" on the mainland, but I would think if it matches your outfit you can wear any color bag any time of the year!!

I understand how you're feeling... For me, I never ventured out of the black, brown, and blue (because I have a cobalt duffle sac and the denim Carly) until I discovered tokidoki. Those became my "colorful and fun" bags and my Coach bags were my subdued bags.

I'm still kind of in shock that I bought white and pink bags last night!! This weekend I'm going to organize my closet and see how much of my wardrobe will match the two new bags... To me, I'm not of color so much, but I want to get my money's worth and be able to get good use out of my bags... A red bag for me would do no good because I don't have much to match with it (but at the same time I'm not a fan of red *lol*).

I'd say go through your wardrobe... I would definitely say the first color to venture out to is blue because we all wear JEANS!! And blue is a neutral color... it'll go with a lot!! White is also a good choice because it'll go with anything too!!

Thanks for the suggestions, glamgirl. I already have a Carly in khaki/saddle so I won't be getting another one. But I understand what you mean about the trim. That's a really good idea.

Maya, usually it gets really cold here and wearing a white bag in the freezing cold just doesn't look right. It's more of a warmer weather thing, whereas blacks, browns and reds are better for winter (although I wear those all year round).

Maya, usually it gets really cold here and wearing a white bag in the freezing cold just doesn't look right. It's more of a warmer weather thing, whereas blacks, browns and reds are better for winter (although I wear those all year round).

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... Just think of it this way - the white bag will match with the snow!! :nuts: Hahaha. If you get a blue bag, you can use that all year round definitely!! And seriously, the rose pink I got yesterday is gorgeous... Get some color!!

I am the same away all my bags are black or black/grey the only khaki purse I have is one that my friend gave me as a gift back in 05. I am so bad! I have been looking the red purses and the tattersall bleeker tote bag. So i might just take that color leap.

I have black/white, brown, khaki, red, and crimson in Coach and other bags in a variety of colors! I just love color period- whether it's bags, clothes, wall color, etc. It's too hard for me to constantly try to match bags with wardrobe.

If you love a colored bag you will use it, you know?

I've had colorful bags before, but they've been multi-colored. I'm sticking to browns right now, but i'm starting to regret letting the Turquoise Ergo Tote slip by.

I totally know how you feel!

I love all the colors coach offers but.. I'm just really afraid of light colors because i'm afraid I might get it dirty.. but I've been really wanting a pink bag lately. xD

Wow that is a beautiful red leather bag! What year did that style come out? I wish Coach had more of those right now. I love the duffle shape and topstitching.

I bought it maybe 2-2.5 years ago at the outlet. The style # on the creed is C3S-9188. I don't know how to read the creed, but it does come up in drilldown in a nasty color, lol.

Funny thing about the red bag, I hate red. I HAD to have this bag when I saw, and it's the only red thing I own I think. I love this red.