Who's Going Black Friday Shopping???!!

I used to go EVERY year with my mom- one year we went straight from 5 or 6am-7:30pm with one meal and lots of snacking. Lol. Unforunately, this year, I'm a thousand miles away and I'll def miss that.

None of the deals this year really excite me but I'll probably go out and do a bit of shopping anyway. I think if I needed a large electronic item, I'd be right out there fighting at BB with the rest of you :smile:

My mom and I are going Black Friday shopping - can't wait! We used to go every year, except for the past couple years when I've had to work. I have Friday off this year so we're going again :yahoo:

We're not the ones who go at 4am, but we still go and enjoy ourselves...

Yup :biggrin: I need to get my little bother and MP3 player and I'M going to try to hit Babies R US because a few of my cousins are pregnant and I want to get them as much cute clothes as I possibly can. They're all having girls so it makes it so much easier :smile:

I can't wait. This is my first year bringing hubby along, so we will see how that goes. He usually stays home with the kids, but he is going to be my muscle this year. I am not really looking for anything big, Nintendo DS, Ipods...etc. I may not get great deals, but I would not miss the crowds and excitement.

I love it.

I REFUSE to go out on Black Friday. After working 8 yrs in retail, It's the day that made me dread the holidays!! We had to get up at 4 am to be at work and then every single customer we talked to was nasty.:sad:

Definitely going Blk Friday shopping!! The Navy Exchange has no tax!!:tup:

Im going! But Ill only be at the Air Force Base exchange. The other stores get a little bit toooo crazy for me! After standing in line for 2 hours to get in the store, you grab what you want and then wait in line for another 2 hours to check out. Buy the time you're done with one store-its too late to go to another(for the early bird sales, anyway)! I guess it totally worth it, if you are looking for something specific. Like, last year we were looking for 2 flat screen TV's...got those at Best Buy for an AMAZING price! So, it was well worth it! But this year, Im not looking for anything particular, so Ill just be hitting up the BX come midnight, and save all the mall shopping(and whatever else) for the weekend when it will be slightly less packed.
But, I applaud the ones who brave the crowd! lol

I think my BF is planning to go to the PX (post exchange, army) because they open up at midnight, I believe (it's a brand new facility and a grand opening and a MAJOR sale). I wish I could say that I think the lines will be shorter there than at other stores, but judging from what I saw of Thanksgiving grocery shoppers at the commissary, I think the lines will be even LONGER on post. I don't really have any money to spend, but I'll probably tag along with him like I do every year. But even if we get there at midnight there are gonna be tons of people who got there a lot earlier. I bet people will start lining up there hours and hours before. Too much free time on their hands. But I will agree that the allure of tax-free shopping is incredibly tempting!