Who wants to hear a crazy/scary story?

ocmommy

Birkinstalker
O.G.
Oct 12, 2007
I haven't posted this until now, since I couldn't even bear to think about the outcome until it was all over...

RBB, this is going to both horrify and crack you up!

I had offered to send RBB my rouge Herbag bottom to use for awhile, since I wasn't using it and she was curious about the color.

I packed it all up and put it in the trunk of my car, to be dropped off at FedEx in the next day or so.

Little did I know that my husband had plans to trade in my car as a surprise to me, without telling me. He knew I liked the Land Rover, so it would be a welcome surprise.

Except...

The box got overlooked when my car was being traded in. It went with the car.

So, home comes my husband with my new Land Rover (which I freaking *LOVE* :love:) and the first thing out of my mouth is:

"Where the box that was in the trunk of the Audi?"

"Um. What box? Oh, and you're welcome!" He was all bent that I hadn't thrown myself all over him in gratitude. First things first, buddy...there's Hermes at stake, here!

(as patiently as possible:smile: "The. Box. That. Was. In. The. TRUNKOFTHEAUDI! Were is it?" :boxing:

Ok, so this went on for about 5 minutes, until I asked him to please just call the dealership, locate the box and ask to have it put to the side.

He calls.

And this is what I hear on his end...

"What do you mean, the car is already gone? I just left there an hour ago! Well, can you radio the truck and ask to have it brought back? I'll pay the damn fuel surcharge, I don't care. Look, do you have a wife? Help me out!"

The car was on it's way to a central distributor where the car would be looked over and then they would decide what to do with it.

The car would not arrive until the following day, after a few other pick-ups oat other dealerships.

So, there was nothing to do but sit. And wait. And wait.

2 days later, we get a call. The box had been found. Yay, right?

Well, no. It seems that the contents of the car now belonged to the distribution lot and I would have to do some fast talking to get them to release it back to me. :cursing:

I finally got a nice lady on the phone, explained the situation and she offered to drop it off to FedEx and ship it back to me.

It just arrived. I can breathe now. :sweatdrop:

So.

Sarah, it will be on it's way to you shortly, and all of this is a very public explanation as to why it's so late in arriving. :nogood:

OMG! That's the funniest H story I've ever heard!
Now ... tell us about the Land Rover! I want to "get" DH one this year or next. I'm trying to talk him out of white, though!

I was reading the thread called "My birkin was stolen" and now this - this one is even scarier, I have to say.
Glad that your birkin is safe and sound. Congratulations on your new car, it is beautiful!