Who makes or sells the best scarves - brands dont matter

Don't forget Missoni! They ALWAYS have great scarves and they never go out of style. I LOVE mine!

Also, don't rule out scarves made in Japan for silk ones. Japan has a very long and prestigious silk making tradition and hands-down some of my favorite silks are Japanese. I actually have a whole collection of antique Japanese silks and really, it is some amazing stuff!

Don't forget about vintage scarves. Stuff like vintage Givenchy, Vera, Echo and the like--they were great innovators in textile designs and are making a real come back now.

I'm obsessed with H&M scarves. Idk, but I just can't justify paying so much money for a piece of fabric. H&M scarves come in beautiful colors and patterns, and are les than $10 each.

hermes cashmere scarf, usually uni-coloured and without any frills. want one myself but have not yet had the cash to spend 400 euro on a scarf. hopefully soon....

I have tried to buy pashminas on ebay recently, just to check diffrence in quality between different scarves, and I must say I am glad to have done this. I can there buy scarves cheaper than in H&M, so if they don't last as long as branded scarves it doesn't matter.

I am obsessed with Lovequotes..they are so great!

For all of you who said Lovequotes, I love you! What a good call!

BTW, all your other recommendations on Missoni, etc are spot on too. Beautiful stuff.

But....I got a lovequotes tonignt and Im crazy for it! Its sort of a rich blue-teal blue...I found just the right color for me too, and it was a fantastic price - only $26! I never noticed scarves before, or thought about brands. Maybe thats why mine are all too thick and scratchy. What was I thinking!

I want to get another one tomorrow. Im thinking either purple, lavender or black..any thoughts? I would think black is a no-brainer, but its nice to have a bit of color. I need something for my black coat. They had lots of neutrals and greens and purples. Not so many brights. :yahoo:

Last edited:
I have the LV Stephen Sprouse Leopard scarf and I love it to death. I have some Hermes scarves, but hardly use them, the silk ones, that is. I have heard their cashmere shawls are great. I have a deep purple cashmere one that is lovely. I have yet to wear it, as winter has not come. But soon!