Who loves a good quilted bag? The Matelasse quilting is AMAZING!

That is gorgeous - I'm hoping that they'll make one with a shoulder strap at some point - all I've seen are handle bags. I do think their quilting is exquisite - I saw one in a bright blue recently (maybe on RDC) and it was gorgeous!

I love how the zipper pocket's leather is slightly darker than the matelasse leather, the subtle contrast is just gorgeous. I'm imagining Kirsten Dunst in Marie Antoinette carrying your bag ^_^

You know when I was shopping for my first bbag, I was considering the Matelasse, but then after reading and reading and then some more reading, I didn't see too much love for the Matelasse, so I chose the Day instead. Now after seeing yours, but I'm looooving it! Your Ivory is :drool:. I've never seen it IRL though. Do you have a picture of it next to a City or Work? I know you said it FITS as much as a work, but I wanted to see the size comparison wise.

Here's my Ivory medium Matelasse next to a Steel City...

Also, I can easily fit it over my shoulder. It slides effortlessly over my shoulder even with a coat on. I can't do that with a City or RH Work.

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 115
Here's my Ivory medium Matelasse next to a Steel City...

Also, I can easily fit it over my shoulder. It slides effortlessly over my shoulder even with a coat on. I can't do that with a City or RH Work.

WOW - verrrrry roomy.

And you said that is only the Medium - so it comes in an even BIGGER size? :wtf:

The small Matelasse is a little too small for me. I am tall at 175cms. Plus the small doesn't come with a quilted mirror (the quilted mirrors are too cute!). I also worried about the over stuffing on the small because the handles are only secured by that leather strap thingy...Maybe someone who owns a small can let us know more.

The medium is a fab size, as you can see above...

The large Matelasse is really big...Like the Work.

There are some great deals on ebay, but a lot of sellers don't know the difference between the medium and grande / large Matelasse. The Matelasse doesn't seem to hold it's value as much. I have no idea why??? That means all the more 2nd hand bargains for all of us! Beat's paying $1700 for a new bag!!!

Dimensions for the medium are: 13" x 9" x 6" (handle drop 5")

The grande is: does anyone know the exact dimensions on this one???

Anyway, to help with comparison size of the grande, here is from paris's grande against her Work...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sorry I am borrowing all these pics from the Matelasse Club thread...It's just easy for a reference point!

Thanks KDC for the comparison pics!! The medium does really look like a great size. Sometimes I find the City not as roomy as I need it to be especially when I'm out w/ my daughter. The Matelasse in medium would be perfect. There was a white one on Ebay that ended at a pretty good deal. I missed it since I was having a late dinner. I'll have to admire yours for now:love:

Wow wow wow!

I loved the Matelasse when it first came out. But then I thought there were nicer and cheaper quilts out there.

But now that I finally get to see the first picture, of the closeup of the quiltings, wow, it's different. I love it!

I think I need one :P

i never paid attention to the matelasse before, but after seeing how STUNNING the leather is in these pictures, i can't get it out of my mind! it's so gorgeous! only sad thing is with a 5" drop, not sure how comfortable it'll be on my shoulder, but...no matter ;) i want one!

I measured the larger one, fully inflated, so to speak. Unstuffed, it sort of flattens and slouches. It doesn't feel bulky under your arm as the depth measurement might suggest. It is aprroximately 15" x 10" x 7". The handle drop is a little hard to measure, but it's around 7". I even think the HD on the smaller size is more like 6".