Who likes Black Studs??? Help me decide! REVEAL....

And last of all, a mod shot. This blue leather jacket is my motivation for getting this purse. Of course, if I keep it, I will wear it with a lot of outfits, but this jacket really needed a coordinating purse:

View attachment 2347236

(Yes, I smudged my messy bedroom background. :P )

So what do you think? Should I keep it? Do the studs make it look muddy? Would you wear this in a business casual office (or a casual casual office)?

Please help me decide!

Thank you! :flowers:

I personally LOVE this bag, and it looks fabulous on you! If it was my choice, I'd keep it. I think the studs really add a lot to an otherwise understated/classic bag. It's just enough "oopmh" to give the bag some personality IMO. I would wear it business casual or casual casual. I think it would look really fun with a blazer and dress pants, OR with a pair of jeans and a sweater or tee. But don't keep it if YOU don't love it.

I love it! Can you tell me the style number? I don't see it on the Coach site yet.

Thanks! Style number is 26409 QB/BK. $298. Not sure what QB is.

Thanks again for everyone's comments. I still haven't decided yet. She looks pretty in the morning light.

:thinking:

It does go really well with my leather jackets. I'm trying to think of another bag I have that goes well with my non-brown leather jackets.

Now I'm thinking I have a shortage of black leather bags with silver hardware! It's like I need this one and the basket clutch (just because it's so cute and it holds a lot), and something else that comes after that that is simpler and has a strap but is still cute and not too masculine. I am always looking for a small black bag with silver hardware in my wardrobe. I have plenty of brown ones to choose from.

Maybe the perfect all-purpose one doesn't exist. I have small and medium black leather bags with gold hardware that I love, and a kristen woven wristlet that I would use except it's too small for my sunglasses, and a black fabric poppy cinch that just does not go with leather jackets, which I wear all winter. I should probably have more black bags. I would probably use them all. I always carry around that little black phone wristlet, and my sunglasses separately and put my keys in a pocket. I should really use a proper purse. :shrugs:

Last edited:
Wow, this is a lot of votes for the black studs. Thank you everyone for commenting!

I'm trying to get out of my traditional mindset and just see this bag for what it is. It's SOOOO nicely made. I think it will help if I start looking at wardrobe pairings.

I know I've already commented, but I was looking at your pics through my tiny phone....I just looked at your bag again on an actual computer screen....The bag is gorgeous. I LOVE the studs in the black. I had seen this on the Fall preview thread and wanted it...now I want it even more. :smile: I hope you decide to keep it. Again, it looks fantastic on you!

Thank you! I do like it with my blue and black leather jackets. The blue jacket will probably get a lot more use if I keep the bag.

I think the black studs actually make it more elegant and less edgy as if they were nickel... It looks beautiful with your leather jacket and I think this type of studs will never go out of style (especially if attached to a classic like Penny)!
keepkeepkeep!!!
Or if it is too much for your taste, how about the gray quilted penny?

Thank you for the perspective. I am starting to see an "elegant" side. Quilting is not my thing. I think quilted bags are beautiful, but they don't feel right on me for some reason.

I think it's Gorgeous, and looks great on you, but you are the one that has to love it enough to keep it.

Thank you! I'm trying to love it. It does matter to me what other people think, too. I am not the best at picking out purses.

I personally LOVE this bag, and it looks fabulous on you! If it was my choice, I'd keep it. I think the studs really add a lot to an otherwise understated/classic bag. It's just enough "oopmh" to give the bag some personality IMO. I would wear it business casual or casual casual. I think it would look really fun with a blazer and dress pants, OR with a pair of jeans and a sweater or tee. But don't keep it if YOU don't love it.

Really helpful, thank you. I need to start working on some outfits. Sometimes you don't like a piece as much by itself, then when you put it with an outfit, it becomes amazing!

I might need more black bags, though. I think my black bag collection is too small, and I am trying to get this bag to fill every niche. Which is tough, since I require each of my black bags to have something special. Because plain black bags are too boring, IMO.

The black on black is a big difference when you're expecting silver ... but it looks amazing on you with your jacket and jeans! It's a beautiful bag!

Thank you! The jacket may sell me on keeping it. I'm trying to reset my brain to appreciate the black on black.

Looks awesome on you! You have to keep it!

Thank you! OK! Maybe.... Still haven't decided yet.

Looks like multiquote only works for six quotes. Thanks for all the votes!

It looks good on you. Love black on black. Congrats on the stunning bag :smile:

Thank you! I am trying to get used to it.

Keep her! She is gorgeous and looks awsome with your blue leather jacket!
Congrats!

Thanks! I love the jacket, and I may wear it more if I keep the bag.

Omg I absolutely love this bag!!! I will patiently wait for it to hit outlets though :smile:

I'm glad you like it. It makes a difference to me if other people like it.

Unfortunately, we don't get the good stuff at our outlets, and I'm not a master FOS stalker.

I like the black studs on the penny. She should be a keeper for you.

Thanks for commenting! You are in the majority. :smile:

I saw your purchase last week and it is great, in my opinion. Fun, classy, individual and just great to have!

Thank you! That's what I was going for.

This is looks perfect on you!!! Keep it!! Congrats!

Thank you. I do love the Penny Purse....

I think we are up to 18 votes on the multiquotes I've done so far. Maybe 20. Wow.

I love the black studs, edgy and a little elegant IMO. If I get a bag with studs, I will chose black studs. Congrats!

Thank you! I'm glad to see the black studs are popular. Who knew?

I like the black studs. :smile:

Thank you for voting!

I love it! The black on black looks great! Congrats!

Thanks!

I love the black on black, looks sharp! I would lovvvve this combo in a Large Haley!

Oooh, Haley! :graucho:

I absolutely love the way the black studs look! I like the antique brass studs but I LOVE the black studs - I think edgy is definitely the right word to describe it. Congrats! :smile:

Thank you for your comments. I love the brass studs on cognac, but I have so many brown purses already. I am warming up to the black on black, since I am seeing a lot of clothing go in this direction.

I like it. I really like this so much better than the brass/black combo on the other bags. It looks great on you too!

Thank you! I think my leather jackets really need this bag.

OK, I think we're up to about 25 yay votes now. :biggrin:

OMG I live this bag so much! Love love love the black studs. Congrats!

Thank you! Love your avatar. Edgy Barbie would like this bag, I think. I always respected Barbie's choices. :thinking:

I love it!

Thanks for voting!

Very nice , I agree that it is a little pricey for a penny, but still a pretty bag. You might grow to love it. It doesn't hurt to hang on to it for a while and see if it looks better in a few days.

Thank you. I can't get over the workmanship. It's much nicer than the basket clutch, which I am also considering. I probably need both. I have been waiting years for the perfect small black bag with silver hardware, and the perfect bag may be multiple bags. :-s

Love it. It's gorgeous. :smile:

Thank you!

I like it! Very classy looking.

Thank you! I like "classy". And "edgy".

Oh no, this is a huge fail for me! I was so looking forward to nickel or gunmetal studs. If you like the black keep it - I think it looks great on you. But for me it's a no.

Oh well. More money for other bags. I was just so EXCITED for the studded bags, and it's all brass, rose gold, and matte black. WTF? Where's the silver, nickel, and gunmetal?

I REALLY appreciate this feedback. Thanks! Maybe they will come out with silvertoned studs one day. I just don't know if I want to wait. Coach has a way of falling short on ONE of my must-have features on so many bags. Which is good, because otherwise I would buy so so many bags. :-s

Hmmm I would wait for another bag if you don't absolutely love it !

Thank you. I might do that. Or not. Can't decide...

I really need a small black bag with silvertoned hardware. I've been waiting and watching.... and waiting....

Go with your gut. Sounds like you don't love it....you should love your purse!

Thank you. My gut is not working today. It's usually right on point.

I'm trying to get outside my head and look at this from a different perspective, as if I were someone else. Everybody needs to change up their style now and then and have an open mind. Maybe I'm too stuck in "legacy" mode.

I'll put together some outfits and see what I think.

Thanks EVERYONE!

Uh oh, you might have just lost me!

I like Gaga, but not a fan of her style. (Although she has had my old hairstyle recently. )

I thought the bag was more Harley Barbie.

View attachment 2348044

Uh oh...the pic on the right is Gaga, but in her early days before she got really weird style and starting wearing meat dresses etc. Not a fan of her style either but I kinda like the "hair bow" in the hair.

We can pretend she is Harley Barbie though;)