Who else is Not Impressed?

I'm glad that so far nothing has really, really tempted me from the Cruise collection or from Spring/Summer 08 (other than the classic flaps). I bought way too much last summer and fall, and I need to take a break.
I agree with Minal! From now on, I'm mostly sticking with the classic pieces and foregoing the trendy ones.

I am still waiting for my Nordstrom s/a to send the spring lookbooks. A big part of me wants at least one classic flap to round out my collection but I'm definitely going to pass on the trendy totes.

The only thing that remotely tempted me were the metallic navy and purple reissues. Thank goodness they didn't make the classic flap in those colors because I would die lol. I got the washed caviar GST for s/s 2008 so there's no $$$ left to get anything else. I'm glad nothing is truly calling out to me.

i received the S/S catalogue yesterday and was not at all tempted! okay maybe slightly seduced by this pair of cute CC logo thong sandals lol. but really, nothing fancy IMO! i'm not a fan of metallics and the price for the new e/w lambskin flap is just exorbitant!! :wtf:

well i bought the black patent secret label bag & i :heart: it! ~ being fairly new to chanel ~ i am a bit :confused1: with the timing as i was advised cruise finished @ the end of feb & S/S08 started in march but here i am buying reissues in jan :shrugs: ~ did someone mention a bright blue classic flap? :drool: ~ are there any pics yet?

I went to Saks yesterday and they had some of the new spring line, I was not impressed two of them had plastic handles and both bags were over $2k that is insane. I would not pay $2k+ for a handbag that was made of plastic and the plastic handles did not seem very well made. I think I will stick with Louis Vuitton.

Thank God that everyone has different tastes in purses or we'd all be pulling at each other's hair to get at the same bags!

Since I've been obsessing over Chanel for the past two months, I've come to realize that there are women who like the "Classics" and women who like the more "fashion" bags.

Personally I bought a Black/Gold Caviar GST and it's still sitting on my shelf with the tags attached! Sure it's a nice bag AND a "classic", but it's really not "me". I also bought a vintage Lambskin Jumbo Flap and while it is a BEAUTIFUL purse, I feel like I am carrying my Grandma's bag, and I'm 48 years old! The Caviar flaps really bore me, but I might get one in blue one day....I do love the reissues though.....

My Caviar and Pony Tote was my first Chanel and I have ordered the large LAX tote, from Cruise, in both blue AND black to see which one I like better! It's very similar to my other bag but the large tote is about the same size of the GST and it made my heart flutter, while the poor GST sits on my shelf, waiting to be worn!

While some of the new Chanel bags are a little tacky, and I sure don't want to spend over $2K on plastic, I think that some of the designs are brilliant and they are bringing a somewhat "fresher" and updated look to a distinguished line.

Attachments

• chanel_005.jpg
    chanel_005.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 33
  • lax_smtote_black1_2350.jpg
    lax_smtote_black1_2350.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 51