who else here drinks coffee

*strolls in with a big fresh pot o' java, pours for all*

I just noticed the word "coffee" and had to check out this post. Coffee freak signing in...

sellmysoul: - 5 coffee makers?! I'm thinking of adding a Keurig coffeemaker as our one-shot. We have the Bunn pot that makes 10 cups in 3 minutes so no waiting for joe and the coffee is amazing.

cosmogrl5: re: " A doctor on Oprah guaranteed that if you replace your daily coffee with green tea, you will lose 5 pounds in a month." Hmmmmmmmm how about if I have my coffee and just stick 60 bags of green tea in a huge cup and do it all at once?!
And if I did that,say, 3 times that would be 15lbs....wish..:P

If anyone's goin' to Starbucks I'd like a Venti decaf w/ a scoop of vanilla bean powder and milk...

I've heard great things about the bunn. I'm tempted to sideline my Capresso in favor of a bunn. My capresso just doesnt get as hot lately as I would like it to. Poor things lived a pretty good long life I suppose...hmmm.

Coffee is a must for me. I also drink a lot of water, so that part doesn't worry me. I can't function in the morning without it, nor would I want to because I adore it.

A doctor on Oprah guaranteed that if you replace your daily coffee with green tea, you will lose 5 pounds in a month. Frankly, I would rather be 5 pounds overweight than live without my coffee! :lol:

That's interesting. Exactly why, did he mention?

I find that I feel so much better when I don't drink coffee but once I start I get sucked back in to the routine of having it every morning. I'm currently trying to get out of the habit again so that I can prepare myself for a detox diet. I have been able to cut out the creamer and sugar and am back to black, then yesterday I started cutting back the caffeine by mixing regular and decaf.:rolleyes:

il *bacio* bella, from what i can recall, he said that coffee increases the release of insulin in the body. Being that green tea is supposed to have a mild thermogenic effect, I guess that is what results in the weight loss.

sellmysoul- have you tried the Keurig? you'll dump your other one-hitters and pots in a minute. can't believe i lived without it for so long.

aimeezz- gaining weight? are you doing lots of cream and sugar? getting starbucks with reg milk and whip cream? check out starbucks nutrition facts and see the difference it can make to switch to nofat and/or no whip.

grande mocha= 400 cal, 22g fat
grande nonfat mocha= 330 cal, 12g fat
grande nonfat no whip mocha= 220 cal, 2 g fat

just the whip adds 110 cal and 10g fat!:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: