Who else bought the Black Balenciaga City on Bonanzle for $499?

Thedseer: if you used a visa bank card you still have visa protection. For now, I would call paypal since since they have multiple reports on this seller, they might freeze her account. I would pursue paypal first then your bank.

I've called Paypal and the agent told me to file a dispute then immediately escalate it to a claim. I've done so, so crossing my fingers now.

Another interesting tidbit I just received from Bonanza:

Hi ***,

Yes, we have just emailed you about this and also emailed the seller. According to the seller it was a mistake and they will be issuing refunds. Please contact PayPal and confirm so and let us know if you have not received a refund within 48 hours.

Seriously? It was a mistake to accept funds from NINE different people as well as create tracking numbers for all NINE? Right. She has got to be kidding me. But I'm glad Bonanza has been lightning fast in replying to me.

It actually paid via instant transfer from my checking account, so not sure if that’s different. Here’s what my paypal transactions details info says:
Funding Type: Instant Transfer
Funding Source: $499.00 USD – [Bank’s name] Checking (Confirmed) x-[account number]
Back Up Funding Source: Visa Card [card number]

I’m going to call Paypal now – thanks!

She responded to my claim with that tracking number. If I received an item but its not the bag, can I reopen another claim for SNAD? What a headache.

Last edited:
It actually paid via instant transfer from my checking account, so not sure if that’s different. Here’s what my paypal transactions details info says:
Funding Type: Instant Transfer
Funding Source: $499.00 USD – [Bank’s name] Checking (Confirmed) x-[account number]
Back Up Funding Source: Visa Card [card number]

I’m going to call Paypal now – thanks!

awwh, that's not good. I'd call paypal then your bank to find out if they can help you.

And there are a couple of tpfers who purchased the same item and reversed the funds in time...Good luck you guys, I just fired an email off to bonanza for letting this happen again - I let them know multiple time before and they still won't admit that it's their fault.

Jeez...another scumming scammer. A mistake? Yeah...right. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry for you guys and hope you'll be able to recover your $ via PP or, if that fails (and it shouldn't, given the circumstances), through your cc/banks.

...I’ve never had a dispute situation before, so please excuse my ignorance. I don’t have a credit card, just a Visa check card that’s linked to my bank account. My paypal is set up to pay via instant transfer.
When I log into my online account, it’s showing up in my ledger as a Pending transaction.
Am I basically screwed since I paid via bank transfer (unless I can stop it while it’s still Pending)? Advice? I’m about to go on lunch break and want to get this wrapped up ASAP. Should I call my bank first? Paypal?
Definitely contact PP first.

She responded to my claim with that tracking number. If I received an item but its not the bag, can I reopen another claim for SNAD? What a headache.
No, but you can change the INR claim to a SNAD.

On hold with paypal…
Looking at the transaction info, she “shipped” via media mail, a large package with no signature confirmation or shipping insurance.
I’ll shoot Bonanzle an email as well – they really need to fix this glitch.

^yeah, it showed up this morning as sold to her (although it also showed up in my purchased items), which is when I figured out that something was definitely wrong.

Just got off the phone with Paypal - They basically just said that I can go ahead and file a claim now, or wait it out and see what I receive, but that I would be protected if I don’t receive my item (is this definitely true, since I paid through bank transfer?). I’m going to go ahead and open a dispute now.

It seems like it would also make sense to go ahead and call my bank? Not sure if they can put a stop to the payment, but I may try. Or would this screw up the dispute process?

O'luxurious thanks for starting this thread! I did the same thing - bought this bag yesterday mid morning. Got worried when I saw her account was unverified and funds unclaimed, and then found out same bag was also bought by another tpf'er (we were both in the seller's booth trying to get some answers). The seller would not respond to any IM's or emails which immediately seemed fishy with everything else. I immediately called Paypal and luckily since the funds were still unclaimed they were able to reverse the transaction. I reported everything to Bonanzle yesterday morning (twice since) and just now got that email from them. I really wish they had taken action sooner, and I agree it must be a glitch on their end that the bag was able to be purchased so many times. I will never buy from a new seller again - lesson learned. I was lucky, but I hope others can get their money back. I saw this bag being authenticated on the Bal forum last night and had to say something bc obviously people were just buying over and over again not knowing.

On hold with paypal…
Looking at the transaction info, she “shipped” via media mail, a large package with no signature confirmation or shipping insurance.
I’ll shoot Bonanzle an email as well – they really need to fix this glitch.

Media mail? that could take forever to arrive, is she sending you books?? Regardless she is NOT going to get away with this.

Media mail? that could take forever to arrive, is she sending you books?? Regardless she is NOT going to get away with this.

[FONT=&quot]I’ve never used media mail, but the paypal estimate said 2-9 days I think. Hopefully not very long since I am just in the DC area. But yeah, I thought that was weird that it was supposedly sent that way - ARGH.[/FONT]

There's a pretty big advisory on the Ebay boards about not selling on Bonanzle -- a seller on the Clothing Board had a big problem and Bonanzle just handled it soo poorly.

And when they make mistakes they never admit it. They are taking longer to respond to serious fraud issues too.

This just confirmed for me that it's not safe there.