Who else bought the Black Balenciaga City on Bonanzle for $499?

I followed suit and called Paypal, received a refund in less than three minutes from the cheeriest agent ever. Thanks for the advice!

And I hope the few other people we don't know about aren't in limbo, waiting for their packages. I don't know how the seller thought she was going to get anything out of doing this.

Glad it worked out for you too! :biggrin:

There have been a couple of other black cities that have popped up on bonanzle in the past week for under $500. New to Bonanzle Sellers (but with feedback imported from another auction site that isn’t visible). I hope it won’t be another ordeal like this one was, but I’m highly skeptical… :/

Well looks like she sold this ONE item to 8 or 9 other people as well.

http://www.bonanza.com/booths/NYMommy/items/23408383

She registered first on Bonz on 11/29, and she only had this one item in her booth. Now under her review link, it says "9 transactions awaiting reviews", which means she sold this one item to more than one person.

Sorry if this was mentioned, I didn't read through this whole thread yet. But when you say a Bonz member has X number of transactions, that doesn't mean she's sold an item X number of times. There's a pop-up in Bonz that explains how the number of transactions include offers that may have been rejected, and completed transactions for other items for which the other party hasn't left feedback yet. In my Bonanza profile, I have 6 more transactions listed than the amount of feedback I have b/c I"m awaiting 2 feedbacks from 2 different sellers for items I've bought, and I've made a few offers for some things that were ultimately rejected. Does that make sense? It's late and I'm rambling. This seller does sound like a scammer, though. HTH :smile:

Bonz didn't respond directly to my email about the other suspicious black cities, but they did send me this (when I told them I got my refund):

Hi _____,

I am really happy to hear that, thank you for following up. We have used the information you have provided to identify an area that we can address so that Bonanza can remain a safe place for buyers and seller. Thanks again and please let us know if you spot anything else.

Regards,
Mark
The Bonanza Team

so hopefully they will fix the glitch.