White marks on chanel woc

shijay

Mar 24, 2016
Hi, does anyone know what this could be? I used my woc last 2 months ago and did not notice this. When I took it out to use today I noticed these white marks all over the front :sad:(( it didn’t go away with leather conditioner. It temporarily goes away with a bit of water and then comes back. Feeling so bummed:sad: it’s only a year old. Thanks for help. Thinking to send a pic to leather surgeons.

F873471A-54ED-42AA-B672-1B29D9646FA8.jpeg

842F4B9E-4935-41E9-995B-5E7623896432.jpeg

I’ve seen something similar on my WOC twice but never to this magnitude normally only a really small mark (like barely noticeable) and I can always just rub it off. I always thought I accidentally got deodorant on it somehow

OP, I’m sorry to hear this happened to your WOC after one year.

I don’t have a WOC but this is the interior of one of my old caviar flaps and it too has a small white mark which does not go away to ministrations of conditioner or water.

I think it is likely peeling caviar...?

C5A78096-11EC-4724-A892-72B2E35F67D4.jpeg

Reactions: shijay
I have small patches like this in my black caviar mini too. not in obvious places but def there. I think it's to do with the leather. I hope someone has some ideas as to how to fix...

OP, I’m sorry to hear this happened to your WOC after one year.

I don’t have a WOC but this is the interior of one of my old caviar flaps and it too has a small white mark which does not go away to ministrations of conditioner or water.

I think it is likely peeling caviar...?

View attachment 4840409

That's interesting :'(. I noticed my patches soon after purchase (as soon as I unboxed). I bought at Heathrow so difficult to exchange or return. It helped with the decision to stop buying Chanel..

Reactions: camillakas
Oh wow. Didn’t think it was caviar peeling aahhh. I definitely didn’t have anything fall On it so I have no idea. Thanks for the suggestions ...guess I will take it to chanel. It’s within a year of purchase.

So I have a caviar bag that had similar whitish marks. I applied conditioner and it would help temporarily but the marks would come back. Anyway, I was wearing it once and talking to a SA at Fendi and she recommended trying a leather cleaner. (I was going to sell the bag and buy a peekaboo.)Anyway, I used Cadillac leather cleaner and it did the trick! If it’s not peeling leather, then hopequally it’ll work for you.

Reactions: Tuned83 and weezer
Thanks for the reccos! So regular Cadillac conditioner didn’t help too much but this clear shoe polish conditioner thing did. I rubbed it on a bit with my finger and it seemed to improve the white marks. I can still tell they are there but much better. I think the leather rubbed off somehow. It’s really bothering me because I have just no clue how this could happen. I am pretty careful with my bags. And how I wouldn’t notice it! Oh well..trying to get over it. I thought about taking it to chanel since it’s less than one year but if the leather is truly rubbed off can they do anything anyway?? Don’t have much faith in their repairs and I don’t want it to become worse...any experience with chanel repairs?

E4395E06-36D4-4F7B-A3DA-3CC0C8F1B58E.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: MahaM
Thanks for the reccos! So regular Cadillac conditioner didn’t help too much but this clear shoe polish conditioner thing did. I rubbed it on a bit with my finger and it seemed to improve the white marks. I can still tell they are there but much better. I think the leather rubbed off somehow. It’s really bothering me because I have just no clue how this could happen. I am pretty careful with my bags. And how I wouldn’t notice it! Oh well..trying to get over it. I thought about taking it to chanel since it’s less than one year but if the leather is truly rubbed off can they do anything anyway?? Don’t have much faith in their repairs and I don’t want it to become worse...any experience with chanel repairs?

View attachment 4841211

So I ended up taking it to chanel and they told me I shouldn’t have put any conditioner on it. Oops :sad: but the SA was very sweet and said she will take it for a service and touch up so I’m hoping for the best! She said it is complimentary as well. Yay. Let’s see what happens!

So, just wanted to update. For once - a good review of chanel service! They took my bag in and within 2 weeks shipped it back with 1 day shipping. Service was amazing. They touched up the leather parts where it looked white i think. I am very happy with it !

Last edited:
Hi I was wondering how your bag was doing after they touched it up. I had the same thing happen with my WOC. I took it to chanel and the SA helped me send it in for repair. It came back recently and looked great but after I used it once or twice I saw the marks reappear but in a different section and it seemed like it spread. Did you have any issues with the marks appearing again?