white iridescent rockie

yussi

Sep 2, 2009
Hi gals! It has been FOREVER!!! With 3 kids (7yr, 2yr and 5mo) and house projects, I have barely had time to do anything for me!!! But I feel I deserve a little treat so I want to ask for your guys's opinion.
I am eyeing this gorgeousness:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Alexand...ements%3D&eItemId=prod164790168&cmCat=product

but I am afraid the color will get hideous with the usage (i.e. stains that can't come off.....) however, I had a beautiful marcie hobo, in dove color that I had treated with Collonil waterstop + uv protectant, and if it got a stain from jeans, it came right off with a slightly wet paper towel so..... I don't know if this gorgeousness will be the same, I guess it should but, so, what do you think? Do you love it as much as I do?

I have another option, which I love as well but I am not a big fan of black however, this I LOVE!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JSjs5QnSeWM/UmRp88xVa9I/AAAAAAAAEmc/php3cqyqMOE/s1600/IMG_6537.JPG

SO, that is that..... I NEED YOUR ADVICE GALS!!!!!!!!!

Dee.

Dec 9, 2010
At school
Both are super cute! If you have enough time between taking care of your kids and everyday life to maintain a white leather bag, then get the white one!
But if you want a no-fuss and worry free bag then get the black rockie :]

I personally would get the black one because I'm always scared of white leather yellowing in the long run, and I wear a lot of denim and dark colours

yussi

Sep 2, 2009
Both are super cute! If you have enough time between taking care of your kids and everyday life to maintain a white leather bag, then get the white one!
But if you want a no-fuss and worry free bag then get the black rockie :]

I personally would get the black one because I'm always scared of white leather yellowing in the long run, and I wear a lot of denim and dark colours
Thank you for your insight!!! It makes sooooo much sense!! :balloon::balloon::balloon:

MissTaz

Feb 28, 2014
USA
I normally would prefer White bags over Black (although I always go on the safe side and end up with Black), but for this, I prefer the Black rather than the White. Maybe it's just me, but I think the Iridescent studs are better complimented with the Black leather. Also, with having kids, I think White would be too risky.

In the end, you choose what you like :smile:
Good luck and I'll be waiting for your reveal :hbeat:

yussi

Sep 2, 2009
I normally would prefer White bags over Black (although I always go on the safe side and end up with Black), but for this, I prefer the Black rather than the White. Maybe it's just me, but I think the Iridescent studs are better complimented with the Black leather. Also, with having kids, I think White would be too risky.

In the end, you choose what you like :smile:
Good luck and I'll be waiting for your reveal :hbeat:
Thank you for your insight as well!!! I actually went and purchased the white one!!! I will be receiving it in a few days, I've had white purses in the past and when treated with the above mentioned product, the DO NOT STAIN! .... I hope the same applies to this one! If I end up not liking it then I will return and get this: http://imagesecaw.ctscdn.com/image/660/940/5775b4f4-ea74-426d-9284-c369434d1148.jpg
which I ended up liking more than its counterpart (back with iridescent hardware)...

I WILL POST MY REVEAL SHORTLY!!!!!

Aug 22, 2010
Occoquan, VA
Hi gals! It has been FOREVER!!! With 3 kids (7yr, 2yr and 5mo) and house projects, I have barely had time to do anything for me!!! But I feel I deserve a little treat so I want to ask for your guys's opinion.

I am eyeing this gorgeousness:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Alexand...ements%3D&eItemId=prod164790168&cmCat=product

but I am afraid the color will get hideous with the usage (i.e. stains that can't come off.....) however, I had a beautiful marcie hobo, in dove color that I had treated with Collonil waterstop + uv protectant, and if it got a stain from jeans, it came right off with a slightly wet paper towel so..... I don't know if this gorgeousness will be the same, I guess it should but, so, what do you think? Do you love it as much as I do?

I have another option, which I love as well but I am not a big fan of black however, this I LOVE!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JSjs5QnSeWM/UmRp88xVa9I/AAAAAAAAEmc/php3cqyqMOE/s1600/IMG_6537.JPG

SO, that is that..... I NEED YOUR ADVICE GALS!!!!!!!!!
Today I took the plunge and ordered the peroxide/iridescent Diego from Ssense at a great price! I haven't owned a white bag in so long and have never used any kind of protectant product but I don't wanna take any chances with this bag. I went a head and ordered the product you mentioned.

Any suggestions for application? Did you use it on your peroxide rockie? Are you finding peroxide to be high maintenance?

Thanks!

yussi

Sep 2, 2009
Hi, I actually cancelled my peroxide order (saw the cream colored one and fell in love!!) But I have had other white purses in the past, pretty big in size and, when treated with this product the stains came right off with a slightly wet white face cloth. I mean, stains like Jean color transfers and such. The application is pretty easy, just make sure you're in a well ventilated area and apply maybe 6 inches away from the product, trying to make the application as even as possible. And maybe apply once every 2-4 months..... Of course, test the product first in a small area of the shoulder strap just to be 100% sure of its efficacy. Congratulation!!! Enjoy your Diego!!! ;) !!

Aug 22, 2010
Occoquan, VA
Hi, I actually cancelled my peroxide order (saw the cream colored one and fell in love!!) But I have had other white purses in the past, pretty big in size and, when treated with this product the stains came right off with a slightly wet white face cloth. I mean, stains like Jean color transfers and such. The application is pretty easy, just make sure you're in a well ventilated area and apply maybe 6 inches away from the product, trying to make the application as even as possible. And maybe apply once every 2-4 months..... Of course, test the product first in a small area of the shoulder strap just to be 100% sure of its efficacy. Congratulation!!! Enjoy your Diego!!! ;) !!

Thanks!