White/Cream Leather Care

how did the texture of your bag change after the redye?

I got color transfer on a beige caviar jumbo. I tried an art gum eraser (rub very gently or you'll wear down the caviar texture), Meltonian cleaner, and Apple conditioner (not cleaner). None of these fully took out the stain, but they did diminish it. If you do take it into Chanel, I highly suggest you make sure they know not to re-dye it (make them write that down on the repair form) unless you're prepared for and ok with the changes that result with re-dye. In my case, the texture and color was not the same as the original.

i'm gonna do everything you mentioned and will definitely keep you updated! thanks, tutu!

There are a few things you can try (and in future, store in a white pillowcase). Try a white gum eraser (you can buy this at an art supply store). There are also cleaning products made by Collonil, Cadillac, and Meltonian. I'd recommend getting a conditioning product and waterproofing product at the same time for after. If those don't work, there are some other things you can try on caviar.

there is also a new color transfer removal product on Amazon. I've never tried it. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007A2PXXK...TF8&colid=11L9P2UH9N1KG&coliid=I3QCKJIIZ5H9MO

I'm thinking about getting this stuff to protect my bag: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0079JDPNE...TF8&colid=11L9P2UH9N1KG&coliid=I14CLT5JJFNSWQ

Please understand that these products are made for furniture and car seats of specific leather types. These products are not new (maybe new to Amazon), but have been around a while. If you choose to use said products on delicate leather such as lambskin (or even caviar), please please test somewhere not visible first and let dry for at least 24 hours.

hi tutu, is the the Meltonian cleaner you're referring to?

http://www.amazon.com/Meltonian-Sho...=1410328784&sr=8-6&keywords=meltonian+cleaner

There are a few things you can try (and in future, store in a white pillowcase). Try a white gum eraser (you can buy this at an art supply store). There are also cleaning products made by Collonil, Cadillac, and Meltonian. I'd recommend getting a conditioning product and waterproofing product at the same time for after. If those don't work, there are some other things you can try on caviar.

how did the texture of your bag change after the redye?

The color of the dye is ever so lighter than the original color. Really hard to describe the texture .... It doesn't feel as soft. It feels painted and a little dry and stiff. The re-dyed leather looks more matte. I think the thing that I was unhappiest about was the feel -- the dry/stiff/painted feeling really isn't luxurious compared to the original. HTH.

I have a cream color not sure ifnits lamb or calf skin. But there is some light scuffing on the back unfortunately. I've heard that Chanel can re-cover the leather for a fee. Does anyone know anymore about this?

I have white lamb jumbo.. #17 and never used it, and now the colour become yellowish in the bottom.. :sad:
So sad ... What should i do? Please help ...
I have Most delicate Collection cleanser and moist by LovinMyBag.. Can i use it?

Hi ladies! Glad i found this thread.

Chanel classic flap has always been my dream bag but never really got the chance to purchase one. Everytime I'd get a new bag, I always choose the less expensive bags that's on my wishlist so I can get two at a time when im lucky. I cannot also justify buying it as it is too expensive for the 20-something me. Just recently though, my friend offered me one of her chanel bags and the offer price is too tempting i couldnt resist. The only thing though is it is a white caviar. I know little knowledge about caviar and white leathers except for the fact that it is appealing to me. The only thing that bars me from buying this beauty is the color.

Here she is, which i can get for 1900usd

So my three primary concerns are:

1. Is it worth the price? The condition? I get a nice feeling when i get nice deals.

2. What can i do to get rid of those yellowish parts and dirt? can i still remove them?

3. For a very practical person like myself, is this a good investment?

Thanks and i will be hoping for your replies as i needto make the decision asap.