Which would you pic… Black Jumbo Patent or Black Jumbo Caviar?

I love them both. The caviar is more timeless and is a year round bag. The patent I think of as more of a winter bag, but also one that could serve well for some special occasions. I would say go for the patent since the caviar is always around.

^^ My patent jumbo seems to be holding up pretty well in terms of finger prints. They are not very noticeable at all :smile:
The patent definitely has the "WOW" factor to it, and if you love something that will get lots of attention, definitely get the patent jumbo!
As many ladies have said already before, you can get the black caviar one later down the track ;)

I love the patent. It just catches the eye so nicely and yes it does have the "WOW" effect. Also I think you can always get the caviar later on but the patent may not be so available in the future.....

Fauve

i had the same difficulty in deciding, but really patent just doesn't prove its worth over time, i pick the caviar...
really love patent but the glossiness just gets fade away over time...not a good investment IMO.

I have the pantent navy jumbo, and just got the black caviar. I think I would have gotten black patent, but since I also have a diamond shine in red, I thought I might be a little pantent heavy. That being said, I think the patent is a prettier bag!

The black caviar jumbo is more of a versatile everyday bag. The patent has more of a WOW factor. I have both the black caviar and the navy patent jumbos. The patent gets more compliments and it does not really show fingerprints all that much. And you can always buy the black caviar later on. But if you will definitely buy only one of these, then you should get the black caviar since you will get more use out of it.

-Stephanie

you should get the black caviar since you will get more use out of it
Thank you for your thoughts...I really appreciate them.
this is a bit of a spluge for me since I should spend the money on holiday gifts for others :P

Fill me in on getting more use out of the caviar...I;m kinda dense :P
Becuase they are both black I was thinking I would get equal usage...

Thank you for your thoughts...I really appreciate them.
this is a bit of a spluge for me since I should spend the money on holiday gifts for others :P

Fill me in on getting more use out of the caviar...I;m kinda dense :P
Becuase they are both black I was thinking I would get equal usage...

I love Chanel patent leather, but sometimes for certain occasions I feel that it is too 'bling-ey', too eye-catching for me so I wear my black caviar jumbo instead. Some days I want my bags to really stand out, and some days I don't. It really depends on your personal style. I'm a more low-key conversatively-dressed person, so I can't wear patent every day.

But since you're getting the black patent, I guess you could wear it every day. Again, it depends on personal choice and style.

Both bags are wonderful classic Chanel pieces, so you really can't go wrong with either one. If you want a more understated look, go for the caviar. If you want a dressier, more eye-catching look, then go for the patent.

Good luck and keep us updated! :smile:

-Stephanie